Tottenham Pre Match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know how I'll be watching the game...

lhsNcHlUzMXYs.gif

Sevilla was atypical. I can see Toure ambling around with my eyes shut. I don't know what games you are watching. Maybe those from 2 years ago.
Ambling around and not being creative are 2 different things. You suggested he wasn't being creative. Seeing as he has been more creative than Silva this season, I can't see your point.

My claim simply is that when we have both playing at the same time, Yaya isn't as mobile or aggressive defensively, while Silva is positionally undisciplined. The confluence of these 2 factorsvmakes defending clearly harder.

When one or the other isn't playing, it is easier to accommodate the defensive weakness, as it is not compounded by the presence of both players. An example is at Sevilla. With Sterling and Navas being positionaly congruent most of the game, Yaya's 'ambling' as you put it wasn't that much of an issue. Especially with 2 CMs also flanking him in the middle.

As for creativity, Yaya provides it constantly.even while ambling defensively. And on that front, he has been superior to Silva this season.

Ambling around and not being creative are 2 different things. You suggested he wasn't being creative. Seeing as he has been more creative than Silva this season, I can't see your point.

My claim simply is that when we have both playing at the same time, Yaya isn't as mobile or aggressive defensively, while Silva is positionally undisciplined. The confluence of these 2 factorsvmakes defending clearly harder.

When one or the other isn't playing, it is easier to accommodate the defensive weakness, as it is not compounded by the presence of both players. An example is at Sevilla. With Sterling and Navas being positionaly congruent most of the game, Yaya's 'ambling' as you put it wasn't that much of an issue. Especially with 2 CMs also flanking him in the middle.

As for creativity, Yaya provides it constantly.even while ambling defensively. And on that front, he has been superior to Silva this season.

The only thing Ive seen Yaya do consistenly recently, is lose the ball and fall over. Oh! and hit the wall the with every free kick.

Just been watching the Sevilla game back, it's the best our midfield has looked all season by a mile. Fernando sitting and Fernadinho and Yaya pressing. There's no "ambling" from Yaya at all. He's getting box to box, but having that security blanket of Fernando sitting in means we never got exposed down the middle.

It's such a shame that Navas is out, because the shape we played against Sevilla would be perfect for this game. I've seen a few people say that Iheanacho could slot in at right wing. Not for me, he's too liable to give the ball away at the moment, I'm not sure he's positionally disciplined enough yet either. I don't know enough about Barker or Celina as to whether they could play that role, but I wouldn't hold my breath that we are going to play any kids.

We could possibly go with diamond

...................Fernando
......Dinho..........................Delph
.....................Yaya
........Aguero..............Sterling

But I think it would leave us a bit too vulnerable wide, and Spurs had loads of joy down our left hand side last time. Clichy simply has to play this game.

I think the likely way we'll set up is this:

.........Fernando..........Dinho
Sterling..........Yaya.............Delph
...................Aguero

I'm fearing the worst :-(

I would love us to play on the break. Have Sterling, Aguero and Nacho as a front three and have everyone else behind the ball. Midfield 3 of Fern, Fern and delph with Fernando as the pivot. Sit back, delay (DONT COMMIT) and break. Time to start using the tools at his disposal.

Last week was a bit of an eye opener, after the first 5 games this season I keep expecting the real City to turn up. The City we saw on the run in 11/12 and 13/14. Focused, aggressive, clinical and professional.

I thought we'd see City light the blue touch paper last week. Instead we got all of our weaknesses laid bare.

It got me thinking has the "run in City" gone now? Has our team declined so much that the best thing Pep can do is take a sledgehammer to it in the summer?

I think Sunday may be a tipping point. We'll either see the confirmation that the first great City side post takeover is at the end of its lifecycle or some sign that there's life in this team yet.

It got me thinking has the "run in City" gone now? Has our team declined so much that the best thing Pep can do is take a sledgehammer to it in the summer?

I think Sunday may be a tipping point. We'll either see the confirmation that the first great City side post takeover is at the end of its lifecycle or some sign that there's life in this team yet.
That last sentence makes me excited and terrified at the same time.

I
You are probably not watching close enough. That said, when both are on the field, you have 2ice as many non aggressive players on the park. I think we can easily support 1. But 2 or 3 whwn we are in bad form is a little harder to support.

Watch Sevilla for a good example. Just replace Navas with Nacho, Bony with Aguero and play the rest like we did at Sevilla. Spurs are the perfect team to play, the way we plated Sevilla.
I have been thinking this the whole week. Can nacho play in wider position though?

Or maybe put Angelino/Celina on one wing and sterling on the other.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.