Tottenham Pre Match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Actually truth be known it is time for every man in the team to roll their sleeves up and COMPETE - do that they will overcome

I

I have been thinking this the whole week. Can nacho play in wider position though?

Or maybe put Angelino/Celina on one wing and sterling on the other.
Don't mind if it's Nacho or Celina. I'd go with Naco xi he is more experienced. And I'm certain Naccho can play wide just fine. And if he is not finding much success, you can always swap in Celina.

Spurs have been steadily improving all season, they have a super away record, have virtually a full fit squad to choose from (bar Vertonghen), hammered us 4-1 earlier in the season and play in a way that always causes us problems. We are in poor form, got dismantled by Leicester last week, are injury ravaged and have real problems in putting out a balanced side. We also seem to be totally reliant on Aguero for goals.

Apart from that why wouldn't we be confident over this one?

Sorry but this is complete b*ll*cks. Spurs were 3 points behind us after the last time we played Spurs at the end of September. They have only just gone 1 point ahead. That is not steadily improving or vastly superior form to our own. Add in the fact that we have had champions league games, finishing top of our group, and reached the league cup final I would argue we have shown better form overall.

With a fully fit squad Spurs would hold no fear for me but our limited selection options us definitely a leveller. With a partisan crowd behind us I see no reason why we can't win.

Sorry but this is complete b*ll*cks. Spurs were 3 points behind us after the last time we played Spurs at the end of September. They have only just gone 1 point ahead. That is not steadily improving or vastly superior form to our own. Add in the fact that we have had champions league games, finishing top of our group, and reached the league cup final I would argue we have shown better form overall.

With a fully fit squad Spurs would hold no fear for me but our limited selection options us definitely a leveller. With a partisan crowd behind us I see no reason why we can't win.
At the end of November, following your 2-1 win at home to Norwich, they were 8pts behind you. So in 10 weeks they've picked up 9 more points. I'd say that's steady improvement at the least, combined with below par performances on City's behalf.

They've also had Europa League matches and topped their group. Granted, you've reached the League Cup final.

I don't think there's any doubt that had City had a full team to choose from in recent weeks that you'd be in better form and above Spurs. However, to say the above post is "bollocks" is quite frankly bollocks in itself.

At the end of November, following your 2-1 win at home to Norwich, they were 8pts behind you. So in 10 weeks they've picked up 9 more points. I'd say that's steady improvement at the least, combined with below par performances on City's behalf.

They've also had Europa League matches and topped their group. Granted, you've reached the League Cup final.

I don't think there's any doubt that had City had a full team to choose from in recent weeks that you'd be in better form and above Spurs. However, to say the above post is "bollocks" is quite frankly bollocks in itself.

I would say that Spurs are in 'better' recent form going into this game but there's a difference of 4 points between the teams since we last played, and as I pointed out, we have gone further in the league cup (which could have impacted our league form) and progressed in the far harder champions league in the same period. Pavels post was characterising our form as poor, I was merely pointing out that our form can't be that poor when compared with Spurs for the above reasons. That is why I said his post was b*ll*cks. A binary measure of points accumulated for one selective period of the season takes no account of the teams played. The 'fact' is that Spurs are 1 point ahead so if our form is poor this season then so must Spurs.

just a thought , would there be any chance of us getting 2 blatant offside goals on Sunday , it would be nice to even up the travesty of White Hart Lane , when we controlled the game until clattenburg and his linos stepped in.

Clattenburg & his team are again the refs for this game...

I would say that Spurs are in 'better' recent form going into this game but there's a difference of 4 points between the teams since we last played, and as I pointed out, we have gone further in the league cup (which could have impacted our league form) and progressed in the far harder champions league in the same period. Pavels post was characterising our form as poor, I was merely pointing out that our form can't be that poor when compared with Spurs for the above reasons. That is why I said his post was b*ll*cks. A binary measure of points accumulated for one selective period of the season takes no account of the teams played. The 'fact' is that Spurs are 1 point ahead so if our form is poor this season then so must Spurs.

Its often difficult to compare teams middle of season. I usually go by goal difference, goals scored & conceded.
Spurs have best defense, have best 3rd best goal scored (2 behind us) & best goal difference. As much as we are not at our best, it is undeniable fact that they have improved vastly especially in defense. In a big game like this, anything can happen. I am hoping we will see the real Aguero

With the shortage of options in the wide positions I wonder if he will play another fullback in front of the other..Kolaraov in front of Clichy maybe and Sterling wide right or Zab in front of Sagna and Sterling left. Might not risk a youngster in such an important match.

This thread has really cheered me up. I know longer feel such a grumpy old man.

Waaahhhhhhhh.........we're doomed..

hIAHViFyllcOc.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.