Tough Game Sunday ?

simon23 said:
I would have rather have had birmingham, bolton westham or stoke than reading....

they will be so up for it our players will need to be 110%, and i fear that we will not turn up as we havent done in the last couple of league games to fulham and second half against wigan

out of the europa league and the fa cup this is the one i want most...i want a trip to wembley with city even if it is just a semi final...its so close ou can almost sense it!

I just pray that our players and manager know how much this means to the city fans and that they bust thier guts to get us there. I have a horrible feeling about sunday's game, so much infact that i wouldnt even mind RM fielding a reserve team against Kiev on wednesday to keep the first team fresh

Almost agree with this - not a RESERVE team, but I would be happy with a packed midfield and defence, and rest the likes of Silva - negative smother tactics and get a 0-0 draw.

Millwallawayveteran1988 said:
If he goes full strength Thursday and Weakened Sunday we are asking for trouble.

Can you imagine what this site will be like Sunday night if we lose!

To be fair though, anything less than a win on Sunday then people (myself included) will once again be doubting the people in charge at our club. It's a natural reaction. Given the way we've played the last 2 home games I personally am expecting a big performance in this!!

simon23 said:
I would have rather have had birmingham, bolton westham or stoke than reading....

they will be so up for it our players will need to be 110%, and i fear that we will not turn up as we havent done in the last couple of league games to fulham and second half against wigan

out of the europa league and the fa cup this is the one i want most...i want a trip to wembley with city even if it is just a semi final...its so close ou can almost sense it!

I just pray that our players and manager know how much this means to the city fans and that they bust thier guts to get us there. I have a horrible feeling about sunday's game, so much infact that i wouldnt even mind RM fielding a reserve team against Kiev on wednesday to keep the first team fresh

That is the worst thing I have ever read. Don't be so stupid.

Yes it will be a competitive game. It's an FA cup quarter final. But don't be silly. To say you'd rather player Stoke, Bolton or Birmingham that a championship side who regardless of beating Everton with a set piece corner, are sat 9 points behind Swansea, is just ludicrous. If our players have that mentality, we will make it a fucking hard game for ourselves. Of course respect the opponents, but come on, if we play to 90% of our potential, we will blow them away in the first half. That is the truth. People just like to hide behind the cautious 'can't possible jinx anything mentality'. Shane Long does not come up against Komapny and Lescott each week either.

gio's side step said:
simon23 said:

That is the worst thing I have ever read. Don't be so stupid.

Yes it will be a competitive game. It's an FA cup quarter final. But don't be silly. To say you'd rather player Stoke, Bolton or Birmingham that a championship side who regardless of beating Everton with a set piece corner, are sat 9 points behind Swansea, is just ludicrous. If our players have that mentality, we will make it a fucking hard game for ourselves. Of course respect the opponents, but come on, if we play to 90% of our potential, we will blow them away in the first half. That is the truth. People just like to hide behind the cautious 'can't possible jinx anything mentality'. Shane Long does not come up against Komapny and Lescott each week either.

Yeah, it's only fucking Reading. The worst side we could realistically field would still give them a beating -

________ST_______
JB____DB__JL____AK
____JM__PV__MJ
SWP___________Jo
________ED_______

I agree, it isn't going to be easy with Reading at all, I am dreading us losing to them, what a nightmare! Unfortunately for our lads it will be so soon after the trip to Kiev but on the plus side, we have the experience and very gifted players, just hope they are not jet lagged or pick up any injuries.

It shouldn't be a tough game, not really. We're a Top 3 side at present, they are a mid table Championship team. Would you imagine Chelsea fans looking at a home match with Reading and thinking "Oooh, this is going to be tough"?

We should win comfortably. Doesn't mean we will, but it shouldn't be looked at as a tough match, it should be looked at as a winnable fixture, and the easiest draw we could have had in the Quarter Finals.

I think we're well suited to somthering them.

Long and Hunt (Jr) are a good hardworking pair with a bit of quality but they probably won't play both.

They have a quick RW but he's a pretty crude footballer. Zab will have to start.

Against Everton they left huge amounts of space on the left. Kola and Balo, or even SWP would have a field day.

Everton found it quite easy to get in the danger areas but didn't capitalise. We should be able to start quickly, attack, score and save energy for later matches.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.