Tour de France 2017

Came right across him boxing him in ,there was loads of road on the right
The elbow was mental,must of known Cavendish was right up against the barrier
Didnt think they would make such a big decision

Came right across him boxing him in ,there was loads of road on the right
The elbow was mental,must of known Cavendish was right up against the barrier
Didnt think they would make such a big decision

Watch the slow-mo. The whole bunch was moving to the right. The elbow stuck out only after Cav began to fall. Sagan's right elbow sticks and left knee were stuck out because he was correcting his balance.

It now appears lots of riders and ex riders are claiming that the penalty was OTT.

My understanding is that you can only be DQd if you are on your third warning for cutting across. Meanwhile Demare's riding was reckless.

Worth noting that Demare received a push from a teammate on the final straight.

Cav's had a scan (x-ray not MRI like the tweet suggests), broken shoulder blade, I'll be amazed if he lines up to go tomorrow.

EDIT: Just confirmed he's out of the tour.

Last edited:

Cav's had a scan (x-ray not MRI like the tweet suggests), broken shoulder blade, I'll be amazed if he lines up to go tomorrow.

EDIT: Just confirmed he's out of the tour.

Gutted. Two genuine greats out of the Tour after today's race.

Watching the last 2km and was convinced Cavendish had had the best run in and had timed his effort to perfection, i think if he gets past Sagan he wins the stage, I think Sagan thought that too,im happy with the verdict

There were two elbow movements from what I saw, the first was a smaller one a nudge which caused Cav to start to fall, the second was more pronounced and probably to make sure Sagan kept clear of a falling Cav.

Not a big fan of Cav but a pretty shitty thing to do at that speed in my opinion. Someone will die from this sort of thing with the speeds they travel at in sprint finishes.

I'd ban him for a year.

It's a strange world where the FIA is made to look like a bunch of pussies by the Tour de France!

I've just read Sagan's explanation in the DT and nowhere does he mention himself sticking out his elbow as Cav is trying to pass him on the inside. Deliberate elbow that delivered a potentially career-ending injury! Sagan has got what he deserves and it lifts the spirit that a governing body has the bollox to make such a decision.

The deliberate elbow was a more vicious manoeuvre than Renshaw's head butting that got him banned. In footballing terms it's violent play.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.