Tourist City Fans

Obviously, when the chips are down we start sniping at each other. First, the locals pick off "tourists" and non-Manc fans etc etc...

I hope we get it together after Christmas so we can focus on football as oppose to this sort of irrelevant nonsense.

Oh dear ....

It will be a shame if some blues now start to develop a superiority complex on the basis that they were going to games years before the takeover.

If City didn't get (or "allow") any new fans post ADUG, then the place would gradually diminish - so it can't be right to have a go at fans who join the party from now on.

And by the way, our current form hardly encourages glory hunters now, does it??

Everyone is welcome as far as I am concerned. Apart from ex-rags, naturally.

another thing CitytillIdie69,

City obviously mean the fucking world to supporters from out side of Manchester, think of all the extra travelling etc these fans make all the train fares (£45 return for me) 2 hours longer journeys than you make etc. i applaud city fans from ireland comign over on planes, ferries etc to make the game just think of how much money out of their livlihoods people put into watching City then ask them if they still dont support city as much as a 'proper fan'!?

whooooo whhoooo - stirred up a few hornets nest that did.

The original post was an attempt to understand why... sdavros... was prepared to stick his neck out and defend John O'shea quite vehemently when city fans were taking the mick.

I personally beleive it was a countryman thing - however, you would never get me defending one of the Nevilles.

nu774ll said:

City obviously mean the fucking world to supporters from out side of Manchester, think of all the extra travelling etc these fans make all the train fares (£45 return for me) 2 hours longer journeys than you make etc. i applaud city fans from ireland comign over on planes, ferries etc to make the game just think of how much money out of their livlihoods people put into watching City then ask them if they still dont support city as much as a 'proper fan'!?

Top post.

There seems to be this myth thats been round for ages with Manc born and bred blues that only Mancs follow City. I'd stick my neck out and say that I bet 20% of out home attendance is people from outside the GM area.

Citytillidie69 said:
whooooo whhoooo - stirred up a few hornets nest that did.

The original post was an attempt to understand why... sdavros... was prepared to stick his neck out and defend John O'shea quite vehemently when city fans were taking the mick.

I personally beleive it was a countryman thing - however, you would never get me defending one of the Nevilles.

Understood, mate. I just hope that I need not prove my "credentials".

FORZA CITY said:
nu774ll said:

Top post.

There seems to be this myth thats been round for ages with Manc born and bred blues that only Mancs follow City. I'd stick my neck out and say that I bet 20% of out home attendance is people from outside the GM area.

i know of about 15 s/t holders who aint from the GM area.

Citytillidie69 said:
Does anybody think that with the new influx of Tourist City fans, that the passion and hatred we have towards United etc will be lost in a cloud of megastores, prawn sandwiches and sanatised clapping at eastlands?

As a City fan, born, bred and brought up in a City household, taken to matches from the age of 5 and a season ticket holder ever since, Iv had to run the gauntlet of rag comments for the last 38 years, I find it hard to believe that the new tourist City fan will ever understand how much I despise united and would keep my mouth shut rather than defend anything United unlike some TOURIST city fans.

Good Grief!

Every City fan has their own reason for supporting and depth of feeling for the Club... I'm sure you're a Big Fan, but is it really necessary to belittle everyone who lives outside Manchester or who 'joined' more recently...?

It's really boring now and frankly you'd better get used to it.

For the record I was born in Crumpsall Hospital and lived in Higher Blackley M9 until I was 18...

It's a round world last time I looked...

Everyone starts supporting the club somewhere, and many o/s blues sitting in front of the TV or computer trying to follow the blues at 2 or 3 in the morning are just as passionate about the club (and their rivals) as any born and bred Manc.

Citytillidie69 said:
Does anybody think that with the new influx of Tourist City fans, that the passion and hatred we have towards United etc will be lost in a cloud of megastores, prawn sandwiches and sanatised clapping at eastlands?

As a City fan, born, bred and brought up in a City household, taken to matches from the age of 5 and a season ticket holder ever since, Iv had to run the gauntlet of rag comments for the last 38 years, I find it hard to believe that the new tourist City fan will ever understand how much I despise united and would keep my mouth shut rather than defend anything United unlike some TOURIST city fans.
The UEFA Cup ties have demonstrated without a shadow of a doubt that the passion of foreign football fans for their clubs is the equal if not the better of "traditional" football fans.

A blue is a blue (unless he's Rooney)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.