Tourists

blue44 said:
ban-mcfc said:
answer this all those pompous pricks who think all fans should be mancs...

2nd round of the league cup next year... would you rather 30,000 there, all mancs or 47,000 with the 17,000 made up from "tourists"?

and when you've answered that, tell me which you think is more beneficial for FFPR and the club?

cheers.

i was there v villa this season,when they knocked our lot out of the league cup on an atrocious rainy night,28k plus i think ? appaling weather and even worse game,you reckon we'd get 17 k for a game like that ? no chance

but anyway,no.id prefer the 28 k 30 k hardcore

Me too, fuck me I've got a small club mentality.

blue44 said:
ban-mcfc said:

2nd round of the league cup next year... would you rather 30,000 there, all mancs or 47,000 with the 17,000 made up from "tourists"?

and when you've answered that, tell me which you think is more beneficial for FFPR and the club?

cheers.

i was there v villa this season,when they knocked our lot out of the league cup on an atrocious rainy night,28k plus i think ? appaling weather and even worse game,you reckon we'd get 17 k for a game like that ? no chance

well the rags get a lot more.

explain that to me.

ban-mcfc said:
blue44 said:
ban-mcfc said:

cheers.

explain that to me.

you're dead right ,they do,and they can fucking have em and keep em

we'll never be like them,no club in england is or ever will be thank fuck

im not having a go at any1, but how many of the 47k went into the city store and spend £s, dont think it will be the hardcore whos been going to watch city for years, myself included, but i bet it was full of tourist spending lots of money for shirts,mugs,and everything else they can buy. me, i buy a prog and thats it, so we do need them and if they come to 1 game ayear lets be having there money

blue44 said:
ban-mcfc said:
blue44 said:

explain that to me.

you're dead right ,they do,and they can fucking have em and keep em

we'll never be like them,no club in england is or ever will be thank fuck

i'ts got nothing to do with mentality, i'm talking about numbers.

like someone else said, dortmund get fucking shit loads of support, including tourists.

we should be looking at their model but according to jma we won't expand the stadium, we'll just carry on as that 100% mancunian club with 47,000 fans.

Success breeds support, we are all seeing more city tops on our travels than ever before, even locally more blue shirts are appearing on kids instead on the rags shirts ... it is an indication of how far the club has come in a short space of time to see 'tourists' visiting our beloved club instead of the swamp for their Premier league match experience ... for all of us that have been there at Mansfield, York etc... as much as I enjoyed those years, I know I prefer to see Aguero, Yaya etc. instead of Pollock, Creaney ... the FA Cup & Premier League trophies than the Johnstone Paint trophy ... maybe the loyalty point sysyem is not 100% correct but the majority (including me) still have the opportunity to purchase tickets ahead of general release ... if you want to see the club continue to grow, more trophies, world-class players in blue shirts ... then a growing worldwide fan base is needed to generate income ... and that tourists money is needed as much as any other fan

i like us being big and popular,rather than shit and laughingstock.i must be strange,

MCC said:
All are welcome, just make sure you buy a shirt, pint, programme and pie whilst you are here. Thanks to Twattini we need all the money we can get.
bang on

Supply and demand situation and the club metamorphosing into the giant behemoth that it has now become is the underlying issue.
Ticket prices will inevitably rise as a consequence of success on the pitch.
The "tourist" will obviously be attracted like a moth to a flame of anything remotely sniffing of success on the pitch regardless of expense.
The old song were were you when we were sh*t rings painfully true to some.
Increasing the capacity of a ground as the club gets bigger will attract a bigger fan base but inevitably with more newbies .
It will NOT reduce prices if the increased capacity is then filled.
From a marketing perspective Job will be deemed to have been done.
Everybody wants to be part of winning team.
That human base feeling of a need or requirement to belong.
Literally ever rag ever created on planet earth was born in the school yard, safer and much better to belong to the winning team. Tribalism gone mad.
Or the supporters that instead grew a pair and supported the underdog.
This is the group that probably fester's the most resentment against the newbie and really shouldn't do.
And so as City becomes a dominant force in world football so this will attract new followers,inevitable innit!
And what is more inevitable is if that success eventually diminished and waned then so would the fan base.
Will the Arsenal FC price cat A away fans as harshly now that a "semi stand" was made making national coverage. ? I think not !
There is a ALWAYS a line in the sand that IF crossed ........
When attending City I would much prefer a capacity crowd made up of the following pecking order.
Absolute heroes (you know who you are), Superbia, Platinum, Gold, Gold Value ,Blue Priority, Blue, General Ticket Sales and last but not least the humble Day Tripping Tourist.
Does it effect the match day experience or enjoyment in any way to know how a full house has been made.
A full house is a full house !
The tourist or day tripper is NOT responsible btw for inflated ticket prices.
Expansion and success of the club IS coupled with supply and demand.

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.