Traditionally 'Blue' Pubs

Owain

Alright people,

a freelance journalist friend of mine is writing an article and wanted to know which pubs are traditionally 'City' pubs. For fear of mentioning any that have since closed down (is the Mitchell still open for business? What's the latest with the planned development of the land housing Mary D's?) or aren't frequented by Blues any more, I thought I'd get a comprehensive list on here. We'll limit it to Moss Side, town and in and around Eastlands; any contributions will be much appreciated!

bluefish said:
The Waldorf near piccadily gardens.
The Bull on the corner opposite piccadily station taxi rank.
The Nelson on the road leading to the old Daily Express building in Ancoats(I think?).

The Nelson was all boarded up when I drove past
the griffin in heaton mersey
the nelson in didsbury is always has blue falling out the front door after games

bluefish said:
The Waldorf near piccadily gardens.
The Bull on the corner opposite piccadily station taxi rank.
The Nelson on the road leading to the old Daily Express building in Ancoats(I think?).

The Waldorf might be the BM pub of choice but I've been in there when we've been at home and the rags have been on telly and it's been full of 'em. Not exactly a blue pub then.

Paradoxically, City don't have that many pubs in Manchester whereas the rags do. That's probably because they've got no supporters' clubs at all as far as far as I know whereas we've got them all over the city and Greater Manchester.

Lmarkham-blueblood said:
S04 said:
Is the Hare&Hounds in the northern quarter still open..?
yeah. but its full of old couples now

Cheers..long time since I had a guinness with Stef and his CSA City Centre gang there. But nice to know it´s still around.

The Windmill in Denton is blue, reds do go in when they are on but it has always been a blue pub, ever since my Grandad lead a conga round there in 1974 when they went down.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.