Traditionally 'Blue' Pubs

warpig said:
not so much the griffin anymore. For some reason they tarted it up, took all the city memorabelia down and started serving food. Shame really was a city stronghold back in the day,

Don't understand. The Griffin took far too long to do its refurb' and has lost alot of trade partly because of the time lapse which was sufficiently long for people to change their habits, but also because the temporary manager they put in either side of the works was a pain. The new young manager is doing a good job to try and retrieve the situation and the City and Maine Road F.C memorabilia is back exactly where it was.

If you can't get to one of the away matches it is still an excellent place to go and watch City on the screen.

bluefish said:
bluefish said:
The Waldorf near piccadily gardens.
The Bull on the corner opposite piccadily station taxi rank.
The Nelson on the road leading to the old Daily Express building in Ancoats(I think?).

Oh, and The temple in the northern quarter...supposed to do a nice nose-bag as well.

I only live across the road but right now I couldn't tell you if The Lord Nelson at the top of Newton Street is open or closed.

Is there a pub called The Temple in the Northern Quarter? I frequent the bar of the same name on Oxford Road but it doesn't really attract a football crowd, and I don't think you can even buy a bag of crisps in there.

Definitely not a traditional City pub but noticed a fair few blues in Dry Bar watching some of the not so legally broadcast away games last season.

m20-benny said:
the vic - withington

im sure last time i was in there, there were rag memorabillia behind the bar?

The albert in withington always seems to have blues outside it.

Peverill Of The Peak must be a Blue pub....?

Has an oil painting of a City player in pride of place above the fireplace....

Sir Matt Busby. Once a Blue....... ;)

the land of cake's on ancoats lane used to be a big city pub now a brazilian scran house and the shakespear next to lewis's now primark.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.