Traditionally 'Blue' Pubs

BTH said:
bluefish said:
The Waldorf near piccadily gardens.
The Bull on the corner opposite piccadily station taxi rank.
The Nelson on the road leading to the old Daily Express building in Ancoats(I think?).

The Waldorf might be the BM pub of choice but I've been in there when we've been at home and the rags have been on telly and it's been full of 'em. Not exactly a blue pub then.

Paradoxically, City don't have that many pubs in Manchester whereas the rags do. That's probably because they've got no supporters' clubs at all as far as far as I know whereas we've got them all over the city and Greater Manchester.

I noticed this. Im not really a pub person but when I brought a few mates accross there was loads of rags outside (was derby night in jan) it may have just been bad luck that they got there first

uweuweuwe said:
bluefish said:
The Waldorf near piccadily gardens.
The Bull on the corner opposite piccadily station taxi rank.
The Nelson on the road leading to the old Daily Express building in Ancoats(I think?).

The Nelson was all boarded up when I drove past
the griffin in heaton mersey
the nelson in didsbury is always has blue falling out the front door after games

not so much the griffin anymore. For some reason they tarted it up, took all the city memorabelia down and started serving food. Shame really was a city stronghold back in the day, many a rag sent packing. Nelson stil a massive blue pub. Dids supporters club run their branch out of it.

Today's lesson : I live in Salford, many rags in pubs watching games- fact
ask most rags when they last attended a game in person, never.. Fact
city home games in pubs on tv, empty, why, coz we go.. Fact
away games on in pubs, busy for city fans.. Fact

yooonited fans do not go!! Fact

salfordpaul said:
Today's lesson : I live in Salford, many rags in pubs watching games- fact
ask most rags when they last attended a game in person, never.. Fact
city home games in pubs on tv, empty, why, coz we go.. Fact
away games on in pubs, busy for city fans.. Fact

yooonited fans do not go!! Fact
thats a fact.cos ive been there,

The George in Cheadle was a big blue pub when Tommy owned it. Shut down though now I think.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.