Trafford Stadium tour dilemma (maybe)

Should I go on the free tour?

• Yes, wearing nothing football related, and learning about their 'istree

Votes: 4 2.1%
  • Yes, wearing nothing football related, and smiling/lauging at the appropriate points

Votes: 6 3.1%
  • Yes, wearing City related clothes, and learning about their 'istree

Votes: 3 1.6%
  • Yes, wearing City related clothes, and smiling/laughing at the appropriate points

Votes: 36 18.8%
  • Yes, but just go for a piss

Votes: 8 4.2%
  • No

Votes: 123 64.1%
  • DILLIGAF

Votes: 12 6.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I remember being invited to go on an awards night where I used to work which involved an unavoidable tour of the shithole.

Suffice to say I took a pitch-side picture holding up 6 fingers.

So… now been on the correct tour of the best stadium and academy. NB I didn’t go on the united one!

Marvellous.

Guided by the excellent Ian Lees, it was a real treat.
6 Liverpool fans, 3 Leeds, 4 City.

I think Ian had a good time as well.

Notable bits in no order:
Ian Lees and his co-guide.
Chloe Kelly passing in front of tourbus on way back to women’s training.
Kyle arriving for some physio (at a guess)
Haaland arriving for his afternoon assessment.
Ederson’s Ferrari.
Bernardo’s mini.
Pep’s Nissan Leaf.
The almost jaw dropping mouths of the Liverpool adults as they took in everything.
The amount of things going on across all ages.
The tour guide.
The pristineness of everywhere.
The affection, knowledge and togetherness of all the staff.
Sitting in Pep’s chair pitch side.
Sitting in de bruynes chair in the dressing room (see jaw drop comment above).
Hearing about Kompany being the only ever non playing (eg injury) team member being allowed in changing room on matchday, because he is awesome.
Getting a pic with moonchester and our trophy.
Seeing so many nonCity kit wearing fans take in the tour.
Seeing so many City kit wearing fans take the tour - It’s their busiest week ever.
Seeing the mosaics.
Speaking to a fellow tour man whose 1st game was Bury in 67 - when captained by Colin.
Same bloke had also managed to find his and sons name, when the spirals had all the season ticket holders names on them.
Going down the player steps and onto pitchside in the sunshine.
Did I mention the tour guide?
Remembering the past, looking forward to the future.

Good afternoon Ian, good to hear from you!

Good afternoon Ian, good to hear from you!
He was brilliant.
Loads of stories, and anecdotes, as you’d expect for such a guy with so much City heritage.

As I said… marvellous… still got a Cheshire Cat grin on my face

I just went on the website and entered Saturday 11th and it took me to Friday 10th.
Maybe when the club knows if the Villa game is on the Sat or Sun, the tours will be on the other day??
On the OS it states the following about tours on matchday:
Tours on a home match day
If you book a tour that falls on the day of a Manchester City fixture (Home) or from 1 pm the day before a home Champions League fixture, there will be restrictions in place. You will experience the exciting buzz of the stadium getting ready for the big game, but due to key areas becoming operational for the match, your tour content will not include a number of areas including the dressing rooms, dugouts, the tunnel, or the press conference room.

No .
I wouldn't even go to watch England in that dump when Wembley was been re done.
Mate git us tickets.
I thought we were going to st James.
When I found out it was there I paid for ticket but wouldn't go

Everyone’s answer should be the same as how we would want a United fan to act on a City stadium tour. We shouldn’t be wanting them not to come n’all, because they might learn things about our club they didn’t know and might shut them up a bit of they’re talk shit about us.

So don’t act like Gary Neville and Jamie Carragher did when they were live on MNF once and were walking around our stadium and a clearly rehearsed dialogue between them as they walked through our Legends’ Lounge where Neville said ‘here we are walking through the City Legends’ Lounge’ and Carragher chirped up with ‘why, do they have any legends?’ and they both laugh their heads off with fake laughter. Cunts.

A few years ago, my wife and I, brother and sister in-laws went on the City tour. I subtly dropped into one of my questions to the tour guide that my brother-in-law supported the rags. That made for some amusing remarks made by the guide as we wandered around. Fortunately, my brother-in-law is a decent guy with a sense of humour and took all the ribbing in his stride.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.