Trafford Stadium tour dilemma (maybe)

Should I go on the free tour?

• Yes, wearing nothing football related, and learning about their 'istree

Votes: 4 2.1%
  • Yes, wearing nothing football related, and smiling/lauging at the appropriate points

Votes: 6 3.1%
  • Yes, wearing City related clothes, and learning about their 'istree

Votes: 3 1.6%
  • Yes, wearing City related clothes, and smiling/laughing at the appropriate points

Votes: 36 18.8%
  • Yes, but just go for a piss

Votes: 8 4.2%
  • No

Votes: 123 64.1%
  • DILLIGAF

Votes: 12 6.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I went on a work do a few years ago. It was brilliant... I drank as much free booze as I could manage, recreated the Dzeko six celebration for a photo in front of the away dugout and when the tour guide pointed out Pogba's spot in the dressing room, proudly announcing ''that's where the world's most expensive player sits'' I took great pleasure in explaining loudly to colleagues that he came through the academy but they paid to buy him back.

*10/10 highly recommend, would go again.

*On a free corporate only.

Confession time

Was down with my dad a few years ago sure it was juve in the eufa
Was pissing down and freezing and he isn't much of a drinker unlike his son
It was ok but we were more interested in the Scottish connections
When they ask what team you support we of course said City and Hearts.

So… now been on the correct tour of the best stadium and academy. NB I didn’t go on the united one!

Marvellous.

Guided by the excellent Ian Lees, it was a real treat.
6 Liverpool fans, 3 Leeds, 4 City.

I think Ian had a good time as well.

Notable bits in no order:
Ian Lees and his co-guide.
Chloe Kelly passing in front of tourbus on way back to women’s training.
Kyle arriving for some physio (at a guess)
Haaland arriving for his afternoon assessment.
Ederson’s Ferrari.
Bernardo’s mini.
Pep’s Nissan Leaf.
The almost jaw dropping mouths of the Liverpool adults as they took in everything.
The amount of things going on across all ages.
The tour guide.
The pristineness of everywhere.
The affection, knowledge and togetherness of all the staff.
Sitting in Pep’s chair pitch side.
Sitting in de bruynes chair in the dressing room (see jaw drop comment above).
Hearing about Kompany being the only ever non playing (eg injury) team member being allowed in changing room on matchday, because he is awesome.
Getting a pic with moonchester and our trophy.
Seeing so many nonCity kit wearing fans take in the tour.
Seeing so many City kit wearing fans take the tour - It’s their busiest week ever.
Seeing the mosaics.
Speaking to a fellow tour man whose 1st game was Bury in 67 - when captained by Colin.
Same bloke had also managed to find his and sons name, when the spirals had all the season ticket holders names on them.
Going down the player steps and onto pitchside in the sunshine.
Did I mention the tour guide?
Remembering the past, looking forward to the future.

Do they do.the tours on match day?
Assume.it.may be shorter, not.going changing rooms if they do (and probably no tour if early kick off?
I'm over for the Villa game in February and would like to take my grandson before if possible
I don’t think so.

I’m not 100% sure, but I seem to recall being told, when we did it a few years ago, that it would be a logistical nightmare, as you go into the City changing room and other sensitive areas.

EDIT: I've just Googled it, and it seems that the club does do a match-day tour.

I’d imagine that it is different to the normal one, but it might be worth making enquiries.

Last edited:
I don’t think so.

I’m not 100% sure, but I seem to recall being told, when we did it a few years ago, that it would be a logistical nightmare.
I just went on the website and entered Saturday 11th and it took me to Friday 10th.
Maybe when the club knows if the Villa game is on the Sat or Sun, the tours will be on the other day??

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.