Trailer Time...

Yeah, I've seen this and don't quite understand why some quarters are hesitant about the look.

I think it draws from Heath Ledger's 'Joker' san scars and I hope it stays that way.

There's something more fearful about a character that stays behind a mask and allows his mania to run free than a scarred/ disfigured fella that has been given a 'reason'.

See 'Batman' for reference...

Yeah, I've seen this and don't quite understand why some quarters are hesitant about the look.

I think it draws from Heath Ledger's 'Joker' san scars and I hope it stays that way.

There's something more fearful about a character that stays behind a mask and allows his mania to run free than a scarred/ disfigured fella that has been given a 'reason'.

See 'Batman' for reference...

Personnaly I think it is shite, ledgers was scarred and messy a bit like the jokers mind, this just looks like a circus clown got caught in a heavy shower and his greasepaint has streaked.

The Jokers complection hair and lips were not a make up job but part of what created him in the comics.

Last edited:
Personnaly I think it is shite, ledgers was scared and messy a bit like the jokers mind, this just looks like a circus clown got caught in a heavy shower and his greasepaint has streaked.

The Jokers complection hair and lips were not a make up job but part of what created him in the comics.

Guys, come on, let's move past 'comic book' interpretations!

Firstly, this is NOT a DCEU standard universe offering. This has been accepted as an alternative, so therefore doesn't have the same budget when it's slated to be released in a year!

Secondly, my comment was just looking at the way Phoenix seems to fit into the 'testing' shots, like wearing a coat. Since posting that I've seen other musings on the 'test shots' mentioning John Wayne Gacy who, as it turns out, was a serial killer and rapist in the US who worked as a clown at kids parties!

Even if that's not a true muse to work off, I think copying comic book 'Joker' needs to come to an end at some point and one would need to move away from the Ledger 'Joker', which wasn't pin point, but was very good.

So, you go 'angry'(Leto) or you 'smoulder the crazy'(Phoenix).

I like 'smouldering'...

Guys, come on, let's move past 'comic book' interpretations!

Firstly, this is NOT a DCEU standard universe offering. This has been accepted as an alternative, so therefore doesn't have the same budget when it's slated to be released in a year!

Secondly, my comment was just looking at the way Phoenix seems to fit into the 'testing' shots, like wearing a coat. Since posting that I've seen other musings on the 'test shots' mentioning John Wayne Gacy who, as it turns out, was a serial killer and rapist in the US who worked as a clown at kids parties!

Even if that's not a true muse to work off, I think copying comic book 'Joker' needs to come to an end at some point and one would need to move away from the Ledger 'Joker', which wasn't pin point, but was very good.

So, you go 'angry'(Leto) or you 'smoulder the crazy'(Phoenix).

I like 'smouldering'...

So it isn't the joker then but a psycho made up in maleup that looks like a clown.

Completely changes the charactor, ledgers make up and hair was more in keeping with the jolers anarchic persona, this looks off imho.

Take gotham for instance, it has reinvented the joker twice to great effect that kept faithful in parts but original in others

So it isn't the joker then but a psycho made up in maleup that looks like a clown.

Completely changes the charactor, ledgers make up and hair was more in keeping with the jolers anarchic persona, this looks off imho.

Take gotham for instance, it has reinvented the joker twice to great effect that kept faithful in parts but original in others

No, it is the 'Joker', but this may be a "What if..." type situation or it could "Earth 2".

Online conversation has revolved around 'at what stage is this characterisation?', 'is this the final film look?' and 'is this just make up trialling?'.

I'd like it to be 'final look', but I have big doubts on that.

No, it is the 'Joker', but this may be a "What if..." type situation or it could "Earth 2".

Online conversation has revolved around 'at what stage is this characterisation?', 'is this the final film look?' and 'is this just make up trialling?'.

I'd like it to be 'final look', but I have big doubts on that.

You are missing my point, I don't care about the what if shite.

When the joker was concieved as a disturbed genius counteraction to batman who is also a disturbed genius and what paths that could take, the persona of a man scarred and psychotic yet still genious

His apearence was or that a jester type laugh maker not a clown, later whan back story was inteoduced it was changed to chemical reaction causing the pigmentation.

The painted eyebrows, blue streak over one eye and exagerated red lips on pheonix are all clown like not joker like.

He makeake a great joker but the look is wrong

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.