Trailer Time...

So long as it not like the convoluted bollocks of the 3rd one I'm in!

The original Matrix film is one of only a few films where I left the cinema with my mind blown. Remember walking out of The Trafford Centre after it thinking "wow!! What the fuck have I just watched!?"
The Matrix is used in some philosophy classes these days to discuss Descarte. Prove that you aren’t in the matrix. Etc.

It was a true standalone masterpiece, ruined by its sequels.

I’ll probably end up watching the new one and end up amazed or disappointed.

The Matrix is used in some philosophy classes these days to discuss Descarte. Prove that you aren’t in the matrix. Etc.

Have to agree as a spectacle the sequels were good but the original just blew me away I remember going in not knowing anything about it and that lobby scene is still one of my favourites of all time especially on a decent system set up.

Have to agree as a spectacle the sequels were good but the original just blew me away I remember going in not knowing anything about it and that lobby scene is still one of my favourites of all time especially on a decent system set up.
The second one was saved by its effects, but the third was dire for me.

Everything about the first one was spot on. You could tell it had taken years to perfect, whereas the other two were rushed through in search of the coin.

I find myself challenging my own natural misogyny (being an older male), watching the growth of these types of films and I'm not sure why I'm thinking in negative terms when I don't want to...

If I'm open to gender and racial roles opening up, I wonder what my issue is? Now I'm if it's the lack of convincing on the action efforts; like watching male MMA being different to female on the way the anatomy moves for either gender.

Anyway, I'm dissecting too much...

You're getting too deep....Mary Elizabeth Winstead is a FOX! thats enough for me to watch it :)

So long as it not like the convoluted bollocks of the 3rd one I'm in!

The original Matrix film is one of only a few films where I left the cinema with my mind blown. Remember walking out of The Trafford Centre after it thinking "wow!! What the fuck have I just watched!?"
I had the exact same reaction. Went with my girlfriend (now wife) and i think the best thing was that its was a spur of the moment and I had no idea what the film was actually about. When she starts running up the wall at the start I was a little sceptical but then the Morpheus/Neo fight training scene and BANG!! Kung Fu and the Propellerheads - I was sold

Came out thinking WOW what a fucking ride

The first one was lightening in a bottle. It used brand new special effects and sequences - bullet time and 360 degree visuals with Green screen. Stuff that made you genuinely gasp.

They had no chance of recreating that no matter how hard they tried. Like the saying you don't get a second chance to make a first impression

I will say though, the visuals on the new one look spectacular and Warchowski is making the most of modern technology again.

About 6 of us watched the first at the flicks when it came out. You knew you'd watched something special when the credits started to roll.
I warmed to the sequels over the years.
Loved The Animatrix too and that's possibly why I liked the sequels on the second watch of them after watching that.

I'll definitely venture to the cinema for the new one.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.