Training Report 23.12.09

the--dud said:
I for one is thrilled about the training Mancini seems to be doing. Finally a methodical and thought-through training. Practising to eliminate our weaknesses under MH.
Got a really amazing feeling for boxing day, think we'll see a totally different team.

With MH all I remember hearing was stuff like: "kicking the ball around in triangles", "running sprints and laps around cones" etc etc.

Don't be a loon. That stuff is what they do for warm up and Mancini does exactly the same sort of warm ups. Unbelievable.

scottyboi said:
I was there for about half hour, was limited to what I could see.

Kompany and toure were centre backs and it was warm up match. But the thing that I noticed was quick passing on the floor not once did I see the ball in the air.
Keepers were very vocal ordering their defenders about and bellamy was chasing everything as usual. Everyone seemed fired up and Kidd was screaming orders.

After the match they concentrated on corners Mancini had them practising how to lose their marker. And obviously telling the defenders how to stay with the attacker. He was shouting english so no worrys.

Their was also a real emphasis on closing down and forcing the mistake. Brian Kidd made sure no one stopped running lets put it that way.

Thats all enjoy.

cheers mate

Graceyboy said:
1970IrlamBlue said:
Cheers for the update mate. I like to hear that they are working hard in training - it appears the things we too easy under Hughes. Let's hope he can improve the organisation of the defense better for the next couple of matches before he buys a couple of Italians in January!

Hang on one cherry picking moment here.

When Hughes arrived, everyone was relieved to see someone coming in to "Work the overpaid premadonna's" as Sven let them do what they wanted

As soon as Hughes is replaced, you are fitting the same bill to Mancini "Oh hughes let them get away with doin nowt" "It was too easy for them" "Good to see someone working them - There not a bunch of f**cking Huskie dogs

When is this shit about having to give recently departed managers both barrels about his training techniques going to stop

Sounds about right.

A point also is that the extra training isnt as a punishment for the players and people on here think they should be training x numbers of hours a day. This extra training (in my opinion) is only temporary so Mancini can get a good look at his new players in a short period of time. He will be sussing out all the squad, and to do that he needs longer sessions with them.

He will know all about optomised training session lengths and recovery rate etc.

As soon as he gets a couple of weeks into the job, the training sessions will be reduced to the normal level.

THis would of been explained to the squad at the start, and the likes of Bellamy would be bought into it.

Graceyboy said:
A point also is that the extra training isnt as a punishment for the players and people on here think they should be training x numbers of hours a day. This extra training (in my opinion) is only temporary so Mancini can get a good look at his new players in a short period of time. He will be sussing out all the squad, and to do that he needs longer sessions with them.

He will know all about optomised training session lengths and recovery rate etc.

As soon as he gets a couple of weeks into the job, the training sessions will be reduced to the normal level.

THis would of been explained to the squad at the start, and the likes of Bellamy would be bought into it.

Yep, it all sounds positive to me. Mancini is obviously eager to get up to speed as quickly as possible and it's good to see he's not afraid to demand extra from the players to make it happen.

All of you guys saying that Robbie and Ade would be happy now that a less demanding coach would come in and they could do what they want must be kicking yourself right about now?;-)

Thanks for the report, love what I'm hearing, think this could be solid stuff. Only thing I am worrying about is something they commented on in the times article, overworking the players in this period of the season might come back to haunt us? I dont know enough about football workouts to know what is overwork and what is just work. Let's just hope it 'works' out (see what I did there?:).

hope they practised set pieces because stoke will bang it into the box every chance they get with our defence just like sunderland did and every other team has worked out!

Fesan said:
All of you guys saying that Robbie and Ade would be happy now that a less demanding coach would come in and they could do what they want must be kicking yourself right about now?;-)

Thanks for the report, love what I'm hearing, think this could be solid stuff. Only thing I am worrying about is something they commented on in the times article, overworking the players in this period of the season might come back to haunt us? I dont know enough about football workouts to know what is overwork and what is just work. Let's just hope it 'works' out (see what I did there?:).
I would describe that as a 'work' in progress. ;)

scottyboi said:
I was there for about half hour, was limited to what I could see.

Kompany and toure were centre backs and it was warm up match. But the thing that I noticed was quick passing on the floor not once did I see the ball in the air.
Keepers were very vocal ordering their defenders about and bellamy was chasing everything as usual. Everyone seemed fired up and Kidd was screaming orders.

After the match they concentrated on corners Mancini had them practising how to lose their marker. And obviously telling the defenders how to stay with the attacker. He was shouting english so no worrys.

Their was also a real emphasis on closing down and forcing the mistake. Brian Kidd made sure no one stopped running lets put it that way.

Thats all enjoy.
all sounds good especially the part on the passing and the ball not being booted long and in the air

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.