Training Report DH - Friday 26/8 (Nasri's 1st, Good Read)

Jumanji

Training Friday 26/8
by Douglas Higginbottom

Back to normal english weather with rain falling but it was the same group out as yesterday.Still no NDJ and Boyata but Razak still with them.And the training started with a golf game.Circles placed in each corner of a full pitch and the players,in 3's, having to get the ball in the circle from the opposite corner. Just a bit of good fun as they were all over the pitch with slices and hooks and the occasional player playing the wrong ball in the wrong direction ( on purpose of course!) It didn't last long as their attention to the objective didn't last long.I spent a bit of time watching the 3 keepers working hard and they were all really good.Plenty of laughter and banter but working very hard

The rest went into a big keep ball circle ( around the center circle) and 3 players in the middle trying to get a touch. As this was going on Mancini took Nasri and Silva aside to talk with them and do a little work on how they would interact with their passing.Not quiet sure what happened but there was some spontaneous applause and laughter in the middle, all seemingly targeted at and with Mario who took it in great spirit.One attempted first time pass went way off target and Micah's playground voice shouted out "how much?" aimed at Aguero. Classic.

They then moved quickly into a game which was to be two touch only in defence/midfield but all in in the attacking 3rd and very quickly Edin showed his class and composure with a classy side foot finish.It could have been two when a great JH save rebounded in off AJ but he was off side.Milner then equalised with a top class strike before Mario cracked one in off a post.Then after some magic from Silva, Zaba made a brilliant goalline clearance.

One thing for sure,if yesterday was fairly low key,this game certainly wasn't. No quarter given at all.It really had to be two touch as nobody had any time on the ball at all as they were closed down so quickly. Mario got another when he got free and dummied the keeper before chipping in.Mario and Kolo missed chances before Costel made a brilliant save.2 things were standing out for me in this,apart from the high intensity. and they were Kolo looking fit and really at it but also Joe Hart. He was playing very well but you could hear him constantly advising his defenders what was going on plus always encouraging.

Aguero got free on the left, the defender was left on the deck and he superbly set up Clichy who missed this time. Milner scored another good one , left foot this time ,before Clichy worked a one two to score under great pressure from the defender.In fact he was appealling for the foul as he somehow managed to get a foot on the ball to squeeze it home.Cotsel then pulled off a great block in a one to one situation. Edin was on hand to squeeze another goal from another rebound to make it 4.3

Mario was in the thick of things at the other end and at one point turned through 3 players but was then left on the deck with no support from the ref and then from nowhere Edin got his 3rd from close in.It might have been a tap in but he does know where to be and how to finish.At 4.4 Mancini called it a day. A really strong aggressive game with everyone really going for it. As somebody said they all want to be picked to play don't they but never did I feel it was likely to lead to an injury.They could happen of course but at no time was there a hint of a dangerous challenge to cause one.

Most went in now but a few stayed out for some shooting practice from cross balls.More praise here for Joe who was excellent but to be fair all 3 of the keepers were. Involved were SWP,JM,AK,AJ,PZ and Mario. At the same time Clichy was working separately on defensive stuff on dealing with crosses.Best finish of the lot was from Zaba. A perfect top corner effort. He did 2 actually and after the 2nd he took the applause of the massive crowd (imaginary of course) and went inside but not before giving an autograph.I think there was some mention and question thrown at England's number one as well.

There was some great finishing on show (Mario,Kolarov and Milner especially) as well as top class goalkeeping plus plenty of great banter. Joe constantly asking the "strikers" who they were passing to.There was also nearly a very bad injury but it would have been to a fan.Chasing a ball that had come over the fence it seemed he tried to jump over a log but didnt quite make. Totally A over T and his head crashed down onto soft ground about 2 inches from another log. Lucky boy.

Re: Training Report DH - Friday 26/8

Nice report, thanks.

Mario and Edin sound beastly. Think it's time to give Mario some playing time.

Taking Silva and Nasri aside... wow. I can only imagine the level those two can play at once they form an understanding.

Re: Training Report DH - Friday 26/8

Blue Haze said:
Taking Silva and Nasri aside... wow. I can only imagine the level those two can play at once they form an understanding.
Spanish and French have many similar footballing words, not to mention Silva understands English as well, so once they know how each other play, I don't think communication on the pitch will be a problem.

PSmyth07 said:
Milner seems to score loads in training.
This. Literally every report tells of 2 or 3 screamers from Milner.

On the down side, sounds like De Jong will be ruled out of the spurs game. I reckon Nasri will be on the bench and he'll go with Barry, Milner and Yaya again, with Silva and Aguero buzzing behind Dzeko.

on my phone so the whole text doesn't load but is tevez mentioned on the report? and will they be training all next week? , thanks

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.