Training Today 12.9.11

Nasri can play defensive midfield and is very underrated defensively. He has played there for Marseille and France before. It's an option, but I think Barry or Milner will be fit to start, both of them are hardy Englishmen and a pain-killing injection here or there won't harm anyone!

I reckon it will be Toure and Zabaleta holding with the front four of Silva, Nasri, Aguero and Dzeko.

anyway, i believe the way to play against napoli will be all out pace, and quick football. Having watched napoli quite a few times ( i have a lot of friends who are from napoli), they are a typical italian side, quite slow at times. Also, since they have only played once this season (because of the strike) they might not be fully fit yet. Although, that cavani always looks a threat up front.

................Dzeko...........................
...........................Aguero...............
.....Yaya..........................Silva......
...............Savic.......Zab.................
Clichy................................Richards
.............Lescott....Kompany............
......................Hart.......................

Won't be the first time Bert has put a full back in midfield so either Zab or Kolorov could go in there in the absence of Milner. Up front prefer Tevez because of his ability to drop deep and effectively at times operate as another midfield player. Might be

Front four of

Tevez, Aguero, Silva and Nasri

Holding midfield Yaya Zab/Kolorov

Usual back four and Hart as keeper.

Silva has played all four games up to now so if Bert wants to rest him and play Nasri instead then Tevez, Aguero, Dzeko and Nasri. Combinations are almost endless up top, makes the guess the team competition an absolute fucking nightmare. Hopefully tomorrows training report might throw a little more light on the injury to Milner.

Seasideblue said:
johnny crossan said:
Wellsblue21 said:
holding role for yaya on wednesday then, can't nasri play centrally?
I'm ready for action BUT NOT IN THE SQUAD - says Owen

corrected for you
yeah - irony it's called - big mistake, should've left Taylor out and had Johansen as third goalie - said so many times it got boring - like now I suppose.

Any views on if/how Mancini might modify our tactics to take account of them playing 3 at the back?

cibaman said:
Any views on if/how Mancini might modify our tactics to take account of them playing 3 at the back?

Clichy and Richards will be key. Particularly when flanked by Nasri and Silva on either side. That's how you get at Napoli. If you get behind Maggio/Dossena then either of the 2 CBs will be drawn out. Cannavaro tends to stay put. Or, you keep sufficient width with your fullbacks so that their wing backs are pinned back. Once you are there they become half of the team they are capable of being as those WB's are so vital to their system.

What we can't do is play a 442. The front four need to be fluid and fill in centrally whenever possible. So there is no chance AJ will play (if that was ever a doubt). To a certain extent I wouldn't even be surprised if Dzeko was on the bench again. Aguero/Silva/Nasri/Tevez would be perfect for this type of game given their movement and fluidity. Most of Dzeko's goals this season have come in the 6 yard box - with 3 men there it becomes difficult to supply that kind of service.

Logic would suggest Kolarov starts to keep him and Clichy rotating but that doesn't really make sense in this game. You need someone with pace to keep up with the work Maggio puts in on our left.

I trust Mancini to have done his homework.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.