Training Today 15.9.10

Neil McNab's Tash

Popped along today as my mucker DH had confirmed that they would be training today.

Firstly i'm grateful to Land, who has been taking the recent pictures and posting Doug's reports across, he has also left some string attached to the fence so it makes it a bit easier to see, as they were behind the iron curtain again today.

I took time to go and watch the keepers, Hart, Given and Taylor were being put through their paces by Massimo, some interesting drills including one where he puts cones on the floor and uses them to deflect the ball when shooting, this obviously has a big impact on the keepers reactions and they all seem to enjoy it, a really good spirit between them three.

DH was already watching the team train, when i went back, we watched the usual short sided games and then Mancini took what looked like his team to another pitch to work very briefly on tactics and defending and attacking corners, they didn't spend too long at these drills.

The team looks like it will be: Hart, Zab, Boyata, Kompany, Bridge, Yaya, NDJ, Barry, Silva, Jo, Tevez, well that was the 11 he took to the other pitch.

Back they went into a full game, a corner resulting in a penalty instead, NDJ was good today, Michael Johnson looks in fantastic condition and was involved in all the session.

They were on the coach at 1.30 to the airport, so the session finished around 12.10

The one real negative and it's a moan, me and DH are stood on our bits and pieces to scramble a view, the team start to come out and in waltz around 7 cameramen and film crews including Sky, why shouldn't DH have access, i go along once in a Bluemoon (excuse the pun) as work has taken over recently, but for DH not to have some sort of view is wrong, the club seem on a massive charm offensive with the press, launching movies, schmoozing the papers, they should remember that the true message to us the fans, where there isn't any bullshit or things made up come from Doug and my reports, it gives you guys a true feel for what's happening every day.

The weather was awful again but it was a nice change to see training rather than reading about it.

NMT

Neil McNab's Tash said:
The one real negative and it's a moan, me and DH are stood on our bits and pieces to scramble a view, the team start to come out and in waltz around 7 cameramen and film crews including Sky, why shouldn't DH have access, i go along once in a Bluemoon (excuse the pun) as work has taken over recently, but for DH not to have some sort of view is wrong, the club seem on a massive charm offensive with the press, launching movies, schmoozing the papers, they should remember that the true message to us the fans, where there isn't any bullshit or things made up come from Doug and my reports, it gives you guys a true feel for what's happening every day.

The weather was awful again but it was a nice change to see training rather than reading about it.

NMT
Yes! I can't see the harm in letting one fan representative inside, shame something can't be done about it. He always uses discretion with his reports and lots of us really look forward to reading them.

Neil McNab's Tash said:
Michael Johnson looks in fantastic condition
Is that by his own injury-hit standards, or is that even when compared to the other players? Good to know he's making progress.

Tricky_Trev said:
Neil McNab's Tash said:
Michael Johnson looks in fantastic condition
Is that by his own injury-hit standards, or is that even when compared to the other players? Good to know he's making progress.

No to be honest TT i've seen Michael throughout his recovery and I haven't seen him look this lean and fit in a long time, they're all lean aren't they, but the difference in MJ is really encouraging.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.