Transfer Fees adjusted for today's prices

What I notice is that United are on the first two pages of that six times, we are on it once. Was there outrage and wailing and gnashing of teeth for any of those six times, in the media, or even among rival supporters? About how they were establishing a stranglehold and ruining English football by simply cherry picking everything in sight? That's not the way I remember it. I just remember rah-rah cheerleading in the media, along the lines of “good old United, good old Sir Alex, how right that they should be back where they belong finally!” and a sort of air of pissed-off resignation amongst other clubs' supporters. Tell me if I'm wrong, but that's the way I remember the nineties and noughties.

What I notice is that United are on the first two pages of that six times, we are on it once. Was there outrage and wailing and gnashing of teeth for any of those six times, in the media, or even among rival supporters? About how they were establishing a stranglehold and ruining English football by simply cherry picking everything in sight? That's not the way I remember it. I just remember rah-rah cheerleading in the media, along the lines of “good old United, good old Sir Alex, how right that they should be back where they belong finally!” and a sort of air of pissed-off resignation amongst other clubs' supporters. Tell me if I'm wrong, but that's the way I remember the nineties and noughties.
Yep, for them it was all fanfare and excitement; for us it's all funfair and excrement!

I don't think it was quite such a love in -United were hated by most supporters - ABU didn't come just from paranoia.

However, I do remember being amused by the fanfare over Javier Hernandez being less than £10m and how "transfer genius" Ferguson had proved there were bargains about if you were clever enough to look. Shame it took him 25 years of breaking transfer records before he started looking.

Saw this thought I'd share it...
Our most expensive transfer would be Sergio Aguero at £95.627m
The rags have Rio at £158m
Mate any idea how they do this? Is it normalised by the highest revenue of any club at that time, or an average of revenue over top 10 clubs for each year?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.