Transfer Fees adjusted for today's prices

i believe this study was probably compiled by a rag university student as part of his final submission......

Mate any idea how they do this? Is it normalised by the highest revenue of any club at that time, or an average of revenue over top 10 clubs for each year?
Calculated on average football fee inflation from season to season.

I agree with the poster who said it shows how the Spanish and Italians have just smashed and spoiled records. How they can even say ANYTHING about City is beyond the pale for me. The fees they were paying in the early 90s was truly off the scale and the table shows that.

I must admit though, £138m for Shearer surprised me. I knew it was a lot of money at the time, but didn't think it would be so far up the list.

What a player he was though - if he was around now and was offered to us for £138m I would take him over Kane any day. I do think that he is probably the best player England have ever produced (that I saw in my lifetime) - at his peak he was absolutely unplayable. He was fast, two footed, good in the air, superb at penalties, superb at free kicjs, clinical, cool and could mix it up.

I think he had two horrendous injuries from memory too and without them he'd have smashed many a record and maybe even had a chance at the Ballon D'or.

Spot on as far as I can see. Italy in the early 90's was the financial powerhouse, followed by Spain a few years later, and we all know the rags smashed the market here attempting to keep up with Barca and Real M. What the table doesn't really show is the huge cliff edges created by the formation of the PL, Sky, Subsidy of Spanish / German clubs, old European cup morphing to CL, and subsequent tv deals. Perhaps more controversially an 'economic plundering' of African talent by European clubs.
Absolutely correctly, city does not feature at the top of the list, and I'm surprised Kun's fee even makes it on there.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.