Transfers this summer (Villa)

Bunk said:
Benarbia said:
Yep money is everything, don't you remember we outbid utd for Berbatov and got him :/ NO WAIT we didn't, get with the picture dick head we need to be a more attractive proposition.

Another internet tough guy.

How much did we 'out-bid' the Rags by? A couple of pounds? We could pulverise any bids from Real and Barca.

..and yet David Villa would still not join us

Bunk said:
Benarbia said:
Yep money is everything, don't you remember we outbid utd for Berbatov and got him :/ NO WAIT we didn't, get with the picture dick head we need to be a more attractive proposition.

Another internet tough guy.

How much did we 'out-bid' the Rags by? A couple of pounds? We could pulverise any bids from Real and Barca.

We could. Or we could sit and set fire to a stack of pound notes. Actually our owners are clearly more careful with their money and I don't see them "pulverising" anyone else's bids. They will pay what he is worth and not some daft sum.

Frankly after last night's PITIFUL display, I'd be staggered if we signed him.

http://www.sport.co.uk/news/Football/16849/Villa_I_will_decide_my_future.aspx

David Villa insists he will have the final say on his future despite Valencia's desire to sell him to the highest bidder, with Manchester City expected to lead the chase. The Spanish outfit are in dire financial trouble and have not been able to pay their players in recent weeks. That has led to speculation they will have to sell assets such as Villa, winger David Silva and defender Raul Albiol.

But Villa is adamant he will not be pushed into a corner over his move in a bid to help out Valencia, with the striker thought to prefer to stay in Spain rather than move to the Premier League.

"I am in charge of my own future, one hundred per cent," the 27-year-old told Spanish newspaper AS.

"I will have the last word on my transfer. A player will play where he wants to play and will leave for a club he wants to go to."

Benarbia said:

So benarbia ... is there some sort of Tourettes problem here or is it that you're just pissed ?

I think if we get into the final and maybe even win the uefa cup it will raise our profile beyond all belief amoungst the bigger players in Europe.

Bunk said:
As you've probably all heard long ago we've been linked with a move for David Villa this summer which is fantastic news, but lately I've been reading all over the place that the hot favourites to sign him are Real Madrid and Barcelona. I find this somewhat confusing because given Valencia's grave financial situation the player will surely go to the highest bidders? I’ve read that the player is determined to stay in Spain if he has to move but if the club accept a bid from us then surely Real Madrid and Barcelona won't even get to speak to the player?

What do you all think? Maybe I'm missing something in this equation but nobody can match our financial clout, not even Real or Barcelona. All we'd have to do is outbid them and we'd get the player, right?

The reason that Real Madrid and Barca would get his vote if they made a bid for him is he definetely DOESN'T want to leave Spain ...... it's all he's ever known , and where he wants to remain.

Money CAN talk of course ...... but ONLY when the player WANTS to know!

Toffeesforme has been posting on the citymancs website again if anyone believes what he said. Hes still adamant that we are in the running.

blue_22 said:
Toffeesforme has been posting on the citymancs website again if anyone believes what he said. Hes still adamant that we are in the running.

WHy do people keep posting about this guy? He was a fucking weirdo on a wind up. unbelievable

This weeks 'The Pod' from the Guardian site claimed that Valencia are hiring out their players to weddings etc becuase they are so skint. If this is the case I cant see their superstars hanging around to long, considering as well they havent been paid for over month now.

Villa was supposed to join Real in the summer for 40 million Euro but they were skimping on his wages and he pulled out, they later got Huntelaar!

I think Barca have got to be favourites for him, with us second, if Barca do get him then Eto will leave and could be another target!!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.