Transfers this summer (Villa)

Bunk said:
Bluemoon115 said:
Oh dear, some people just don't understand how football works.

I understand football just fine nimrod. Robinho signing for Manchester City was inconceivable until Robinho signed for Manchester City.

I blame the Kaka saga for our failure to court these kind of players, he seems to have set a precedence that other players feel somewhat obligated to follow.

Villa will go to the highest bidder, although I do accept that the players wishes will be a factor, if we wanted to we could certainly get permission to speak to the player before anyone else. I hope we compete for him this summer.

i agree! good call mate!

For me the real point is this:- do we use our financial clout to twist the arms of reluctant mercenaries to join us against their will, or, do we approach these superstars, ask them the question and move on if they don't want to be here? To my mind Villa is a great player. but I don't want to see him in a City shirt. I want players who are pleased and proud to represent my club, and Villa (and Kaka) have made it perfectly obvious that they don't fall into that category.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.