Travel to Nottingham

WidnesBlue23

How the hell is everyone getting to Notts County?

The trains look shocking, Ive only seen ones that take over 3 hours with changes.

Is anybody organising a bus from anywhere that could fit 3/4 lads on??

Cheers Blues

Nevermind, I'm not even going now as the bloody tickets have sold out. I did need 4.

Big thanks to Mancitymick tho who was going to give us a free lift there and pick us up, even tho we r complete strangers and never met, Top fella, just shit we can't go

Ive seen trains from Manchester that take around 2 hours with one change, one leaves at half 9 and gets in for about 11. Coming back most trains are direct. Or are you talking about trains from Widnes, apologies in advance if so, its still early!

Wherever really, from Widnes/Warrington is prob why its over 3 hours.

Hopefully theres a bus we can jump on tho, if not the train will have to do

If you look at trains from Oxford Road station, they take about 1 hour 50 minutes with no changes, same as it'd take in a car. Coaches from Chorlton street take 3-4 hours though, avoid like the plague.

EDIT: If we're talking Widnes, thetrainline.com is showing me trains that take 2 hours 20 minutes with no changes.

Dom38 said:
If you look at trains from Oxford Road station, they take about 1 hour 50 minutes with no changes, same as it'd take in a car. Coaches from Chorlton street take 3-4 hours though, avoid like the plague.

EDIT: If we're talking Widnes, thetrainline.com is showing me trains that take 2 hours 20 minutes with no changes.

I cant see this one, what times etc is that?
Defo on the Sunday?

Thanks for looking

WidnesBlue23 said:
Dom38 said:

I cant see this one, what times etc is that?
Defo on the Sunday?

Thanks for looking

I cant seem to find the trains from Manchester ozford road either, they are all around 2+ hours with at least 1/2 changes, may be looking in wrong place.

Shit, I put Friday in. Sorry mate, Sunday looks like a no-go unless you're willing to sit on a train for 3 hours or make your way to Manchester and get a 2 hour train from there.

Trains run every hour from Widnes to Manchester and take 40 minutes, You can get an off peak return for both journeys for £30 (£9 for widnes to Manc and back, £19.50 for Manc to Notts and back). A train leaves Manchester for Notts at 11:18 and gets in at 13:25.

Sorry for getting your hopes up, bloody Sundays.

EDIT: Pictures

eniU1.png

PSwyC.png

Circled the trains that you want lads, sorry I can't be of any more help.

Dom38 said:
Shit, I put Friday in. Sorry mate, Sunday looks like a no-go unless you're willing to sit on a train for 3 hours or make your way to Manchester and get a 2 hour train from there.

Trains run every hour from Widnes to Manchester and take 40 minutes, You can get an off peak return for both journeys for £30 (£9 for widnes to Manc and back, £19.50 for Manc to Notts and back). A train leaves Manchester for Notts at 11:18 and gets in at 13:25.

Sorry for getting your hopes up, bloody Sundays.

Haha, nice one.

Iv found it from Warrington £81 return for all 3 of us which isnt bad, gets in Notts at about 12pm, just dont know whether to book it as we havent got the match tkts yet as Iv only got a Citycard

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.