Travel to Nottingham

My train journey = £27.50 return.

08:45 - warrington central
09:09 - manchester piccadilly Train (TRANSPENNINE EXPRESS) No seats reserved.
09:22 - manchester piccadilly
10:43 - sheffield Train (NORTHERN RAIL) No seats reserved
11:03 - sheffield
11:54 - nottingham Train (NORTHERN RAIL) No seats reserved.

17:35 - nottingham
19:58 - warrington central Train (EAST MIDLANDS TRAINS) No seats reserved.

No seats reserved, I don't fancy getting slapped either especially around Sheffield area..

didsburyblu said:
Thaksins Love Child said:
8:59 from Stockport, 0 changes £16 each. That'll do me.

yep that is the 8.49 from Manc changes at sheffield then 10.07 from sheffield to notts. anyone know of any early opening bars as gonna be there for 10.54. any wetherspoons near the station?

There's three in the centre but if you go that way you'll be heading away from the ground. I don't think Hooters opens until midday - there's a pub near the train station called the Canal House which is a nice enough place if you're looking to kill an hour - not sure how much it gets frequented by home fans mind and dearer than Wetherspoons.

Edit - sorry, just disregard that whole above bit. There is one near the station it seems - The Company Inn. I've never even noticed that. <a class="postlink" href="http://www.jdwetherspoon.co.uk/home/pubs/the-company-inn" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.jdwetherspoon.co.uk/home/pub ... ompany-inn</a>

Citizen52 said:
didsburyblu said:
yep that is the 8.49 from Manc changes at sheffield then 10.07 from sheffield to notts. anyone know of any early opening bars as gonna be there for 10.54. any wetherspoons near the station?

There's three in the centre but if you go that way you'll be heading away from the ground. I don't think Hooters opens until midday - there's a pub near the train station called the Canal House which is a nice enough place if you're looking to kill an hour - not sure how much it gets frequented by home fans mind and dearer than Wetherspoons.

Edit - sorry, just disregard that whole above bit. There is one near the station it seems - The Company Inn. I've never even noticed that.

Never heard of the Company Inn-1st pub as you come out the station to your right is the
Bentick Hotel-30 second walk- bar risa will be open at 9am -this is near the canal house,fellows morton and clayton(fmc) and at least one other pub down near the waterfront-5 min walk from the station,but walking AWAY from the ground.
The Old Trip to Jerusalem(oldest pub in britain blah blah) is a 5 min walk from canal house,from there ,two good pubs across the main rd,(maid marion way),Salutation Inn and The Royal children-both are good traditional pubs ,both open at 11am-if you prefer an alternaive to Hooters and a bit of a pub crawl turn right out the station and explore!!
i live in notts and will be meeting a crowd off the 1st train in at 11am.On the way to the ground the Globe is on London rd-2 mins from county altho may not allow colours-so i,ve been told-the trent navigation is next door to the ground,altho unsure if its open.
Anyone wanting to try in the County supp bar,the earlier you get there the better.

ragger said:
Try Picc to stoke, then change for derby, then change at derby for notts, worth a try !!!!
I do most of that journey every monday morning, but don't think it can get you to Notts on Sunday in time.
Edit: Just checked, no, the first train by that route is not until half an hour after kick-off.
Decided to stop over in Nottingham on Saturday for a night on the lash.
For the rest of you, I guess it's scenes like this at Picadilly on Sunday morning:

ax1bf7.jpg

"Get a move on, driver, Hooters opens in an hour"

LongsightM13 said:
ragger said:
Try Picc to stoke, then change for derby, then change at derby for notts, worth a try !!!!
I do most of that journey every monday morning, but don't think it can get you to Notts on Sunday in time.
Edit: Just checked, no, the first train by that route is not until half an hour after kick-off.
Decided to stop over in Nottingham on Saturday for a night on the lash.
For the rest of you, I guess it's scenes like this at Picadilly on Sunday morning:

ax1bf7.jpg

"Get a move on, driver, Hooters opens in an hour"
PMSL

Peter Grant said:
My train journey = £27.50 return.

08:45 - warrington central
09:09 - manchester piccadilly Train (TRANSPENNINE EXPRESS) No seats reserved.
09:22 - manchester piccadilly
10:43 - sheffield Train (NORTHERN RAIL) No seats reserved
11:03 - sheffield
11:54 - nottingham Train (NORTHERN RAIL) No seats reserved.

17:35 - nottingham
19:58 - warrington central Train (EAST MIDLANDS TRAINS) No seats reserved.

No seats reserved, I don't fancy getting slapped either especially around Sheffield area..

Shitbag

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.