Travel to Nottingham

do a lot usually travel by train? was thinking of getting the one into notts for 1.25 but cutting it fine if trains are packed given there's very few out of manchester and will have to get on at stockport. probably a stupid question and every man for himself etc, but normally drive.

benbeer said:
do a lot usually travel by train? was thinking of getting the one into notts for 1.25 but cutting it fine if trains are packed given there's very few out of manchester and will have to get on at stockport. probably a stupid question and every man for himself etc, but normally drive.

used to travel by train loads, the later trains can be packed, but if you get the earlier services they're not too bad

Although could be different on Sunday as theres only two, maybe three, trains that'll get you there on time

Manchester la la la la said:
I'm on the 8.58am from Stockport, change at Sheffield and get into Notts at 11am dead.

Few cans for the journey down, and in Notts nice and early for a few more beers and a spot of lunch

Sorted

Fucking hell! You must be expecting to get slapped mighty hard! Just don't fall asleep and you'll arrive alive!

We're on the 8.49 from Manchester that changes at Sheffield. Not really fussed about the 25 minute wait at Sheffield, gets us in to Nottingham at 10:59. Cant complain for £19.50 return.

19.38 train coming back is direct.

one way I am thinking of going is by getting a return from Manchester to Sheffield and then a return from Nottingham to Sheffield. However, I am not too sure how expensive that will be but if you do it that way you could go for the following trains (which should allow time for a quick pint between connections!)

leave Picadilly at 09:22 and arrive in Sheffield at 10:43
leave Sheffield at 11:03 and arrive in Nottingham at 11:54
leave Nottingham at 16:41 (although I think there are a couple of earlier ones)
and arrive in Sheffield at 17:40
leave Sheffield at 18:11 and arrive at Picadilly at 19:06

We use the train every home game and most weeks it has only 2 coaches on it. Most weeks its packed.

I was banging on about no direct trains on the main Notts away thread but kept getting shouted down by people who insisted there were loads. Unfortunately, they were looking on the Saturday. Only three get you there, the last cutting it fine, and all change at Sheffield. If we sell our allocation, those trains will be a fucking hell hole, we'd be like Chilean fucking miners.
Nobody fancies driving, and we don't fancy them fucking third world trains, so we're looking at a cheap hotel and an overnight stay on the Saturday in Nottingham, a great city for going out.
Bring back the specials.

9:22 from manchester change at sheff and get there for 11:54
2 hours drinking time before hand :)
Names of decent boozers that are kid friendly in the area would be handy!!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.