Trawler to the Faroe Islands

sm0k.jpg

another local delicacy

gwrw.jpg

magni's boat. sailed round the islands in this. some stunning views. we had to "crew it" work the beam and that.

gi0a.jpg

we moored off some caves and took a little boat into them, earie but fun.

Can you remember how much it cost you each for the trip?

I remember going to the travel agents on the day of the draw and was told it would cost over a grand for the flights - after having to explain why I had to travel on that particular date and the reason to a female travel agent who didn't understand.

I didn't pay it!

117 M34 said:
Can you remember how much it cost you each for the trip?

I remember going to the travel agents on the day of the draw and was told it would cost over a grand for the flights - after having to explain why I had to travel on that particular date and the reason to a female travel agent who didn't understand.

I didn't pay it!

can't remember exactly but it was around 250, cheap I thought so I invited jess to come with me, mum said that's not happening. spoilsport :(
as the trawler didn't sail we all got about 120 a piece back so a proper result. we were there till the following Tuesday. full marks to Thomas cook too, the boat was to be our digs when moored in the harbour. no boat so no digs. TC put us in a hostel/hotel for the entire stay. well most of us anyway. a few of the lads decided they wanted a camp fire and lit one in the hall way of the hotel. neither the owner or the laminate floor were happy about it. don't think they were welcome after that.

just a few more I've found.

f3v1.jpg

our Thomas cook digs, not bad and right in the town centre. it a had a communial kitchen inc larder and fridge. mistake :)

wllb.jpg

the actual home of streymor fc. you can see why it was moved to the national stadium. locals were telling us we attracted a bigger crowd than international games.

2zra.jpg

we hired a mini bus and driver to take us over there. had a kick about, as with the team itself every time the ball went out on the far side it went in the sea. funny as fuck, makes you wonder how they go on in league games.

i36c.jpg

thought the name of this shop was apt, i'm sure it was Hughes's first game iirc.

mwxz.jpg

magni handing out t shirts. just as with "the sun" ones non of the fuckers would fit me :)

and finally.

for Theresa

rvw8.jpg

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.