Trawler to the Faroe Islands

a bit of the story in pics.

kdwv.jpg

starting out, 7 am, GMR on their way to have a chat.

rcw1.jpg

in the co-op at this stage abandoned. Hogan a poster from here who sadly has since passed away.

sefl.jpg

the wood workshop where I asked to borrow their internet to post we are turning back, durham exile saw our plight and the rest as they say.....

e4e5.jpg

on the bridge of the "the three sisters" and work begins finding alternative transport.

s2yh.jpg

although the skipper was a bit mard for not sailing I was quite pleased. it looked fucked in the dock.

0bvf.jpg

the guy on the far right who keiron held over the bannister :) miller looks puzzled at the guys state.

4aw4.jpg

at least we tried :(

more to follow .

tomorrow i'll post a piccy of the yatch boat thingy that we did get to sail on. magni (owner of the rescue plane) lent us his boat for a day with crew and refreshments. what a fella he is.

Went to the Faroes via Denmark for the N.Ireland game a few years back. Amazing place!! Heres the 442 article.

mcfcfi1.jpg

-- Fri Aug 02, 2013 7:31 pm --

mcfcfi2.jpg

-- Fri Aug 02, 2013 7:32 pm --

mcfcfi3.jpg

mcfcfi4.jpg
<br /><br />-- Fri Aug 02, 2013 7:34 pm --<br /><br />
mcfcfi5.jpg

xoow.jpg

too much for some :)

rdhe.jpg

can't see from here but the runway was tiny. shit it tbh.

4dxp.jpg

the interviews just never stop, we were battered from start to finish. how they got our numbers puzzled me.

xs98.jpg

the so called "whale dick" that the sun wanted us to eat. left to right was salmon, what I think was clay or tarmac, a funny beef some spuds and dried fish. it was dreadful, it stunk and I refused point blank to even taste it. Ian on the other hand said mmmm and wolfed it down. a better man than me I can tell you.

This story is legendary. Loving the pictures and the 442 article. In some ways it's a shame you never got to go on the trawler but in other ways the manner in which you got there just added to the adventure.

BerksBlue said:
Went to the Faroes via Denmark for the N.Ireland game a few years back. Amazing place!! Heres the 442 article.

mcfcfi1.jpg

-- Fri Aug 02, 2013 7:31 pm --

mcfcfi2.jpg

mcfcfi3.jpg

mcfcfi4.jpg

-- Fri Aug 02, 2013 7:34 pm --

mcfcfi5.jpg
Fucking brilliant.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.