And all sang Colin the king, Kippax singing so happily, oh Doylefuly
Oakes Pardoe Book and Lee, Summerbee

But then they knew how to play, Joe taught them how to play sensible
logical, oh enjoyable, oh tactical

And then they showed me a world where they could be defendable
Oh fanatical, so beautiful, on the ball

There were times, when City make us weep, emotoions run so deep

But we are City fans

Won't you please, please tell me what we've learned, those memories now are blurred
But i'm glad it's blue i am

Since those great days, We've been to hell and back, critical
cynical, oh life is cruel, but comical

Oh we've got pride in our name, We'd like to feel we're
acceptable, respectable, oh presentable, 'Manchesterable' majestical(Oh City City yeah)

There are times before i go to sleep, those thoughts are mine to keep
For i'm a City fan

Won't you please, please say the tide has turned, we've moved on, but have we learned?

But please tell me who I am, who I am, who I am, Blue I am...

Last edited:
Yes - but in the Umbro / Platt Lane end.
He was a top chef at some big hotel in town and brought a chicken in a few times and swung it around his head to much hilarity. Naturally someone complained and he was asked to stop bringing in dead chickens!
He turned up the next game with a plastic chicken and got a roar of approval!
Ramada Hotel..

No mate sorry...I do remember late 70's Spurs coming in late (about twenty past 3 I think) as their special train was late but plod had already allowed us in their bit thinking they werent coming. I couldnt believe no Spurs would come.

Next minute hundreds of Spurs skinheads and proper lads turned up. Carnage ensued and steel barriers put up rapid. We were all in that bottom section. It was mayhem all game. Think we won 5 - 0

Outside was just as bad especially in them side streets just off the kippax car park. Loads of reasons to hate Spurs
Wasn't that the game when a few got in at the back off the kippax & bottled a few blues,& the whole kippax charged down after them
I remember seeing the fkers covered in blood minutes later..

What I remember is going to like the first game of the season with my Dad. You walked through all those shitty backstreets and then suddenly it was there in front of you, this huge ground and huge stand, all the more impressive for having that big car park in front of it. Then you either went in by one of the subways, or up the stairs, and there was this beautiful expanse of grass in front of you. I know it sounds daft, but I loved just seeing that, and the nearly empty stands. And then it would slowly start to fill up (not that much before Mercer came!) and you'd get more and more excited, waiting for the first glimpse of the players.

It was often an anticlimax after that, mind.

the kippax so much better and louder than the kop on its day enjoy the kippax

"The aspirations of a season come down to the perspiration of the last 90 minutes".
"For Manchester City, another chapter in their quite extraordinary history of brushes with fate".

Brian Moore summed it up well there. Little did he know when saying that how low we'd sink. It felt like I was swimming the Mariana trench for years!

I sadly never got to stand on the Kippax as I was too young. My first regular place at Maine Road was DD lower but it was all seated by then.

wearing opposition fans scarves that you had confiscated.
I lived with my gran and remember struggling to explain how I came home from a spurs game and She found a tooth stuck in the front of my platform shoes. Me and my mates had met some very nice Cockney chaps in the back of platt lane stand. We had a brief exchange of views over our respective teams.
God I loved those shoes three different bands on the platform brown beige brown. Wore them for one season before digging out my cherry reds. I do miss Maine road (occasionally) great times.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.