Tribute to the Kippax

It kicked off loads mate. (late 70's, early 80's)

Pez and his little mob of flick head perry boys was a crew that did it a lot..backs to the wall scrapping well outnumbered

Remember Pez and his crew stopping me and my mate getting a kicking at Sheffield Utd...was at bus station waiting for coach back to Manny after we had thumbed a lift l.
Crew of yorkies attacked us but Pez and his mate ( was he called smiler) jumped in and battered a few of them.

Went in Platt lane with them when Everton had all the stand and it kicked off big time..Scousers didn't stay at the back for long...good old days haha

ive got a feeling we may be talking different debs here. sorry if im mistaken
Andy is talking about Jackie. The Debs we are talking about was an hoolie girl in the 70s, she died quite a few years ago. I think some people are confusing her with Debbie Darbyshire.

No mate sorry...I do remember late 70's Spurs coming in late (about twenty past 3 I think) as their special train was late but plod had already allowed us in their bit thinking they werent coming. I couldnt believe no Spurs would come.

Next minute hundreds of Spurs skinheads and proper lads turned up. Carnage ensued and steel barriers put up rapid. We were all in that bottom section. It was mayhem all game. Think we won 5 - 0

Outside was just as bad especially in them side streets just off the kippax car park. Loads of reasons to hate Spurs

Spot on...

Read the OP's piece only this morning. Great effort by @Lucky Toma that left me feeling moved and nostalgic.

Quick question for the people in the thread talking about the Boro LC semi in January 1976. That was my first season of actually attending matches, but I was a kid and my old man wouldn't let me go in midweek so I missed that one. The official crowd for that was given as 44,426 - see here: https://bluemoon-mcfc.co.uk/History/Matches/Match.aspx?id=3164. Is that a typical piece of Swales attendance figure fiddling or could you really have fitted in another 8K fans that night?

Looks fuller than that on the surviving footage, though it's pretty dark so I suppose there could be more spaces than there look to be:

only stand at MR i never got to sit in.

30 years old and regret it massively :-(

You didn't miss much not sitting in it, mate. When it got rebuilt with seats, it was pretty sanitised, similar to when the Etihad first opened. When it was all standing, it was like being in a mosh pit in Chernobyl (in a good way ;-)

Did someone used to swing a chicken about or am I dreaming?
Yes - but in the Umbro / Platt Lane end.
He was a top chef at some big hotel in town and brought a chicken in a few times and swung it around his head to much hilarity. Naturally someone complained and he was asked to stop bringing in dead chickens!
He turned up the next game with a plastic chicken and got a roar of approval!

Yes - but in the Umbro / Platt Lane end.
He was a top chef at some big hotel in town and brought a chicken in a few times and swung it around his head to much hilarity. Naturally someone complained and he was asked to stop bringing in dead chickens!
He turned up the next game with a plastic chicken and got a roar of approval!
Yes I remember now, what a nutter, thanks :)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.