Trophy Parade | Sunday 26th May, 19:30

Ha so you should.

Just think at full time, Bernardo and his wife and baby. Just ran around Wembley for 95min. Shattered. Champagne sprayed all over him. Waving to the 35000 blues for an hour… Just like he did to 54000 the week before…

Then gets told, right, don’t even think about getting on a plane back home to see your family before the Euros… We need to get back to Manchester for a couple of days so Cheadle_Hulme blue can wave at you in the pissing rain for 10 seconds while you drive past him on a bus…
Then on Tuesday (2 days later) you can go and relax.

Its pointless.
Well it turns out that the parade is happening anyway, despite your attempt at pissing on it.

Why dont you just do one with the negativity and let people enjoy themselves you miserable twat

Ha so you should.

Just think at full time, Bernardo and his wife and baby. Just ran around Wembley for 95min. Shattered. Champagne sprayed all over him. Waving to the 35000 blues for an hour… Just like he did to 54000 the week before…

Then gets told, right, don’t even think about getting on a plane back home to see your family before the Euros… We need to get back to Manchester for a couple of days so Cheadle_Hulme blue can wave at you in the pissing rain for 10 seconds while you drive past him on a bus…
Then on Tuesday (2 days later) you can go and relax.

Its pointless.
It’s all part of the deal, just like cashing the cheque.

Unlike many other people in the world for whom doing a thankless job and barely getting enough of an excuse to keep doing it every two weeks, Bernardo, and his Mrs, and his child, never have to worry about another € for the rest of their lives…or the rest of anyone else’s life in their continued lineage, if he’s as frugal as he’s made out to be.

€1M per month goes a long way towards putting up with a few hours of being adored for ones accomplishments by the proles who help make it happen, but yeah, that extra day at home seems perfectly reasonable in comparison for a guy who has to work a full 2-3 hrs per day with his mates most days of the week for his mil a month!

Oh wait, is the weather going to be “iffy”?? Then, that’s a whole different ballgame!!

Went last year, having been to all the previous parades.
The 2023 parade was manic, with a late change to the route that created chaos with people unsure where to go ?
The route crossed several tramlines and I know of a few young families that thought they'd be crushed by crowds, due to the incoming trams.
Hopefully, the council and City will have reviewed last year's fiasco in terms of logistics.
But, it's great to see so many families and youngsters going bananas for this great team.
Don't think Gerry Creaney had the same adoration ?

I’ll assume you’ve never actually been to see City in person if an “iffy weather forecast” keeps you indoors?!

Last I checked, Manchester’s forecast was as predictable as L.A.’s…One is “72F & sunny after the marine layer burns off” and the other is “iffy…with a chance of sun, cloud, rain and wind, depending on the hour.”

You can decide which is which, but might I suggest following L.A.F.C. might be more conducive to your delicate sensibilities?!

;-)
Having stood in a queue for over an hour in the pouring rain to enter Freedom Hall in Philadelphia, getting saturated at Mount Vernon whilst visiting George Washingtons grave, soaked to the skin in Hyannis whilst waiting for a ferry to Nantucket Island that got cancelled because the weather was too bad. I think I am well qualified to talk about bad weather.

I am a season ticket holder at the Etihad (Block 211) and have been supporting them since the mid 1950's, I even attended every league match home and way in the 1967/68 Championship winning season in all kinds of weather. Also I was one of a few thousand Blues who was in the Prata stadium when we won the European Cup Winers Cup in 1970, the weather that evening was atrocious.

I have attended every victory parade since and including 1956 and only missed last years because I was on holiday. I am now 78 years of age and pardon me if I decide to give this one a miss.

So you see your assumption was well wide of the mark - as they say in the USA have a great day.

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.