Trophy Parade | Sunday 26th May, 19:30

I went but I had to push myself to go as I’d only got home from London 2 hours before I had to go out again and I was knackered. Glad I made the effort now

I know people who didn’t go cos we lost, didn’t go cos of the day/time, didn’t go cos of the weather

There’s no doubt if we’d have won the cup, and if it had been held on the Monday afternoon and the sun had been shining, the turnout would have been at least 5 times more

I went but I had to push myself to go as I’d only got home from London 2 hours before I had to go out again and I was knackered. Glad I made the effort now

I know people who didn’t go cos we lost, didn’t go cos of the day/time, didn’t go cos of the weather

There’s no doubt if we’d have won the cup, and if it had been held on the Monday afternoon and the sun had been shining, the turnout would have been at least 5 times more
In my opinion Sunday night on a bank holiday is pretty good, but I agree there would have been more if we’d have won the cup.

Didn’t go cos we lost is a bit of a lame excuse - glory hunters ;)

Last edited:
May 2013. 122 posts.
The reference to stewards bolstering the crowd was actually a response to the photo someone posted earlier in this thread of United's 2011 parade where their bus was travelling down a three quarters empty Deansgate. It certainly wasn't a reference to our parade on Sunday - I was actually there and it was a fantastic turnout. Ps, I finally joined in May 2013 to contribute to the Mancini farewell tribute we posted the gazzetta dello sport.

The reference to stewards bolstering the crowd was actually a response to the photo someone posted earlier in this thread of United's 2011 parade where their bus was travelling down a three quarters empty Deansgate. It certainly wasn't a reference to our parade on Sunday - I was actually there and it was a fantastic turnout. Ps, I finally joined in May 2013 to contribute to the Mancini farewell tribute we posted the gazzetta dello sport.
Mancini farewell tribute collection and he kindly sent us an acknowledgment back, we’ve been so lucky since then, I’ll never get bored of the trophy parade. It’s a great day out for City fans to be together in town at one with the players Pep and our staff.
My daughters and grandson got up really close outside Next when the players got off the bus every trophy might be the last one. So going to take the kids and the grandkids to soak up the atmosphere instead of playing on their IPads, town was packed with City fans. Enjoying themselves Ive got a video but struggling to post it.

Mancini farewell tribute collection and he kindly sent us an acknowledgment back, we’ve been so lucky since then, I’ll never get bored of the trophy parade. It’s a great day out for City fans to be together in town at one with the players Pep and our staff.
My daughters and grandson got up really close outside Next when the players got off the bus every trophy might be the last one. So going to take the kids and the grandkids to soak up the atmosphere instead of playing on their IPads, town was packed with City fans. Enjoying themselves Ive got a video but struggling to post it.
It was great wasn't it and like you alluded to it was a brilliant opportunity for the kids to see their hero's in person especially those who don't get the chance to attend games. Me and my mates only got off the train at 6pm on Sunday from Euston but made sure we were on Deansgate at 7.30 to witness it.

Thanks to all the top Blues who celebrated the Clubs’ achievements, at the end of another fantastic season. I couldn’t be there but it looked like a great evening. It certainly cements the connection between players, managers and fans as other Bluemooners have commented.
It did look good. Fans get really close to the players and everyone gets to let their hair down. Long may it continue

It did look good. Fans get really close to the players and everyone gets to let their hair down. Long may it continue
Absolutely. It's also a step on the ladder re. supporting the Blues for families who struggle to get tickets. I think the parades are fantastic.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.