trouble accessing the stadium tonight.

bammy blue

got to my entrance scanned my card and red light came up, had to go to one of the guys outside with the scanner who then told me i hadn't paid for my ticket, which i had because i rang up the ticket office last night to confirm my ticket was sorted as no payment was on my online bank statement yet i had a online receipt and added loyalty points on the official site. the women at the ticket office confirmed over the phone i had bought a ticket for tonight. after splashing around outside for 20 minutes in the cue for match day sales i finally managed to get in after been told by one of the security people to go to my turnstyle and would be finally let in. anybody else have any issues?

There's an older bloke who sits three down from me who had the same problem. Didn't get in until about half an hour in.

I had trouble getting in. I have a Platinum Membership, along with my dad, who is in his first season as a senior citizen. The memberships are linked as per the friends and family option and we are both in all cup schemes. My dad is on holiday so I asked my mate if he wanted to come. He was late getting back to me and I only paid the upgrade to regular price on the ticket today.

I made sure I had the confirmation email just in case there was a problem. For those who don't know, the light above the card reader is a different colour for concessions so they can see if someone is trying to use a junior or senior citizen's card. I told my mate to go first and there was no problem with my dad's card. I put my card in and it turned red.

The steward directed me to a member of staff with the scanner. I went to him and he said it showed I had not paid for the ticket. The confirmation email was on my Blackberry so I showed him. He told me he was not authorised to let me in and I would have to go to the ticket office.

I got to the ticket office and saw one of the security staff near the front. I told him the problem and he directed me to the back of the queue. I said surely I didn't have to get in the same queue as people paying on the night do to an error on their part. I was told I would have to still queue.

I was talking to several people in the queue, all of whom were in the same boat. Someone asked if anybody had the phone number for the ticket office. I rang and was surprised to find I got straight through. The woman who answered said she would reset it and told me to head for the turnstile. I was about to ask if I would definitely get in as I was worried the same thing would happen and I'd lose my place in the queue. At this point, one of the security staff told everybody who had paid for tickets but was having problems getting in to go to the turnstiles.

I got straight in, pissed wet through having missed the first 20 minutes.

the wife and kids had the same problem tonight even though she had the receipt and relocated seat numbers with her they still wouldnt let them in, eventually it got sorted but its a good job they got there early enough though

come on city sort it out

Same thing for me but only got it with 25 minutes gone, had to print me a paper ticket as my card wasn't having it, i'm gona ring tommorow and ask is there any possibility it will bollocks up for Dortmund game because if so they can send me a paper ticket rather than waiting in the rain for an hour, absolute pisstake

I know this happened to a couple of lads on our coach from Didsbury who had bought tickets. They became so fed up with the shambles, and being asked to queue long after kick-off in the rain that they sacked it and went to Mary D's.

How many people are going to turn up on a night like that and try to blag their way in? It was obvious that the card system had gone wrong. The thing is the ground was over half empty and they could have just opened the gates but I guess no-one will authorise that after Hillsborough.

This is happening more these days it seems Neil.

Some fans get email confirm, some don't. Some get text confirm, some don't.
Cards working, some don't...

Inconsistent... Typical City ;)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.