trouble accessing the stadium tonight.

SiWatts90 said:
cjhaz1969 said:
i had the same problem last night, (turnstile p1) the lady behind the turnstile on the inside looked at the e mail receipt on my phone and let the 4 of us in so if you're worried about Dortmund as i am, get there early and have your receipt with you!

I had a printed receipt and on my phone and basically told to sod off an go an wait in the ticket sales line... Seems to be a case of if your face fits nowadays at the ground :(

Yeah i got the same... im still left trying to work out what the guys with the PDA do.. i already knew my ticket wasnt activated.

In the end with about 40mins of the first half gone and my lad nearly in tears with the cold and rain, i decided it was best to go home.

So paid for parking, travel, a couple of hours off work and a ticket price for me and my lad.. didnt even get in to see the game. Ive sent an e-mail when i got in last night demanding a refund, not heard anything as yet. Would be good to know if anyones had any response from them yet ?

bammy blue said:
got to my entrance scanned my card and red light came up, had to go to one of the guys outside with the scanner who then told me i hadn't paid for my ticket, which i had because i rang up the ticket office last night to confirm my ticket was sorted as no payment was on my online bank statement yet i had a online receipt and added loyalty points on the official site. the women at the ticket office confirmed over the phone i had bought a ticket for tonight. after splashing around outside for 20 minutes in the cue for match day sales i finally managed to get in after been told by one of the security people to go to my turnstyle and would be finally let in. anybody else have any issues?
Surely you were told that there was problem with the transaction- not that you hadnt paid. Those pda guys do a phenomenal job in a pleasant wellmannered way considering the rudeness they usually face from pissed off fans

sniff said:
SiWatts90 said:
cjhaz1969 said:
i had the same problem last night, (turnstile p1) the lady behind the turnstile on the inside looked at the e mail receipt on my phone and let the 4 of us in so if you're worried about Dortmund as i am, get there early and have your receipt with you!

I had a printed receipt and on my phone and basically told to sod off an go an wait in the ticket sales line... Seems to be a case of if your face fits nowadays at the ground :(

Yeah i got the same... im still left trying to work out what the guys with the PDA do.. i already knew my ticket wasnt activated.

In the end with about 40mins of the first half gone and my lad nearly in tears with the cold and rain, i decided it was best to go home.

So paid for parking, travel, a couple of hours off work and a ticket price for me and my lad.. didnt even get in to see the game. Ive sent an e-mail when i got in last night demanding a refund, not heard anything as yet. Would be good to know if anyones had any response from them yet ?
The day u forget your card or maybe have a disabled relative with you or even bring last years cArd with you like an idiot then you will be grateful for the help of the pda guys

AZUL said:
sniff said:
SiWatts90 said:

The day u forget your card or maybe have a disabled relative with you or even bring last years cArd with you like an idiot then you will be grateful for the help of the pda guys

That may be the case...

but the day you rember your card, remember to pay and have the confirmation e-mail and txt on my phone...quite frankly, no use what so ever.

im sure they are all the rage if you have been a bit silly and forgot your card, but what about the people who just turn up with a season card that should be working ? im sure that will be the majority.

So you admit that the pda guys are helpful then and dont deserve the shit they receive for matters over which they have no authority or control

AZUL said:
So you admit that the pda guys are helpful then and dont deserve the shit they receive for matters over which they have no authority or control

Well no im certainly not saying they where helpfull at any point... and hundreds last night will be testement to that point.

I also dont recall anyone on this thread giving them "shit" as you say. I think after what happened last night its a fair question to ask what they do ? Since when they where really needed they couldnt tell you anything you didnt already know.

Again i will ask the question. if you already know your ticket isnt activated since you discover that at the turnstyle, why then do i need to see another person to tell me the same ? Again it begs the question, why not just go straight to the ticket office? If even with proof of purchase they have no authority to act, then cut out the pointless middle man.

sniff said:
SiWatts90 said:
cjhaz1969 said:

I got in but 20 mins in.I have sent an email today,will let you know if I get anything.If not I will drive down!

I even rang the Wife last night to tell her that I would ask for a seasoncard refund and go back and support them when we are shit again as I wont be treated like a Pleb by a club I have followed thru the absolute fcuking dark days.
Realise that is not a threat to City and they would not be arsed if I did but it would make me feel a whole lot better.

Update : PDA guy at my turnstyle Z1 was helpful and felt sorry for him as he had to deal with incompetence created by the club.

As a PDA guy the season before last, I can state that at that time if the PDA was clear and proof of purchase could be verified, then the PDA team could master card you through. I'm not sure what they're doing this season as it is the ticket office that decides how the guys operate. For the record, the PDA lads and lasses were all city fans who did this job on match days for a small payment and late entry to the game. It's the ticket office that runs the operation.
The PDA teams were all just as frustrated (if not more) by the frequent system cock ups.

sniff said:
AZUL said:

Well no im certainly not saying they where helpfull at any point... and hundreds last night will be testement to that point.

I also dont recall anyone on this thread giving them "shit" as you say. I think after what happened last night its a fair question to ask what they do ? Since when they where really needed they couldnt tell you anything you didnt already know.

Again i will ask the question. if you already know your ticket isnt activated since you discover that at the turnstyle, why then do i need to see another person to tell me the same ? Again it begs the question, why not just go straight to the ticket office? If even with proof of purchase they have no authority to act, then cut out the pointless middle man.
. There are many reasons why your ticket may not work at the turnstile so the PDA has to be checked to find out why. The PDA guys could and would have told people something they didn't know ie. what they were told to tell you by the ticket office- that you needed to go round to the ticket office to get it sorted as there had been a problem with some transactions - and the shit I refer
To is the in person shit last night not on this forum-without the PDA guys you would have been there arguing fruitlessly with some show spec monkey who would probably have cried like a woman and got you arrested.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.