Trouble in the East Stand??

Re: Ejections in 109

GeorgeP823 said:
Matty said:
This isn't a post about the rights and wrongs of standing, nor is it an aim to express my own opinions on whether I agree with standing at the football or not. This is a statement of the facts.

It's a fact that standing in the "singing section" is tolerated.

It's a fact that standing in the other areas, regardless of what happened in the past, is not now tolerated.

It's a fact that City sent out letters to the people in the relevant blocks requesting that they sit down rather than stand (whether these were sent out at the appropriate time is a different matter).

It's a fact that people at the front of section 109 were asked to sit.

It's a fact that, for whatever reason, the vast majority refused.

We may, or may not, agree with the actions of individual stewards but what is unavoidable is the facts, we are not allowed to stand in 109, we were told prior to the game that we weren't allowed to stand, and we were told during the game we weren't allowed to stand. It's not hard to grasp that standing isn't allowed based on all those things. If you persist in standing the City will react to that. It might involve throwing you out, but it also might involve writing to you and banning you from the ground.

I can't see City backing down on this matter. It wouldn't surprise me to see the first 3 or 4 rows of 109 all receive a letter banning them from the next home match for persistant standing, and those rows be covered with netting. Again, not saying I agree, but that could well be the way City go with this.

I never got a letter about sitting im in 109 1 seat away from 110

I also am the next seat across from 110 and never got a letter and neither did my brother!

I used to have my season ticket in 109, from the opening of the stadium until about three years ago. I'd sat in the same position in the Kippax as well and moved to the new stadium along with all the same faces from Maine Road.

Thing is, at this time absolutely no one stood up in 109, either in the equivalent at Maine Road (GG?) or Eastlands. Plenty of the people in this stand were getting on a bit but had been watching City for years and i can well imagine that they wouldn't have wanted to stand.

I decided to move from 109 to the South Stand because i like to stand at the match and because the atmosphere is much better in there.

It's only in the last season that people have started standing in that section, as newbies have moved in to try and get closer to the singing section. Attitude of some of the people on here is bang out of order, telling people in 109 to fuck off if they don't want to stand. Most of the people in there have been in the same seats for 15 years and now might be forced out by people wanting to stand.

Unfortuanately we don't have safe standing in this country. I wish we did. Until then, the club effectively tolerates it in the South Stand and singing section. If you want to stand you're going to have to try and relocate to this areas of the ground.

Flixton blue said:
I used to have my season ticket in 109, from the opening of the stadium until about three years ago. I'd sat in the same position in the Kippax as well and moved to the new stadium along with all the same faces from Maine Road.

Thing is, at this time absolutely no one stood up in 109, either in the equivalent at Maine Road (GG?) or Eastlands. Plenty of the people in this stand were getting on a bit but had been watching City for years and i can well imagine that they wouldn't have wanted to stand.

I decided to move from 109 to the South Stand because i like to stand at the match and because the atmosphere is much better in there.

It's only in the last season that people have started standing in that section, as newbies have moved in to try and get closer to the singing section. Attitude of some of the people on here is bang out of order, telling people in 109 to fuck off if they don't want to stand. Most of the people in there have been in the same seats for 15 years and now might be forced out by people wanting to stand.

Unfortuanately we don't have safe standing in this country. I wish we did. Until then, the club effectively tolerates it in the South Stand and singing section. If you want to stand you're going to have to try and relocate to this areas of the ground.

I'm not telling people in 109 to fuck off, I realise the situation I'm now in, the problem was that I was told that if I wanted to stand I would have to go into 109 I was never informed about haveing to sit there untill the match kicked off, I never got a letter from Fletcher or anyone from city I only got my season ticket

I sit in 109 and I received the letter. The two lads either side of me didn't. So what was the clubs strategy for sending out letters- why do I get one but others don't?

Nobody stood up in 109 two years ago but I really enjoy the fact people do now. Watching a football match stood up just seems right. I Will be very disappointed if it gets eradicated and I must admit I slightly fear getting another letter telling me my season ticket has been rescinded.

The problem is that law of the land states that all grounds in the top 2 divisions have to be all seater. The fact that the club lets people stand is for them alone to decide where and when the fans can stand.

However that they always allow the away fans to stand and try to make our fans sit down is just not on. It must be very dangerous for those fans who stand on the top tier of the stand and why the club allows the away fans to do is totally wrong they should be made to sit down or be ajected from the ground.

If the club is going to eject our fans for persitant standing, then it should also do the same for the away fans.

If the majority of people in 109 want to stand then why should this be ruined by a small minority who wish to sit? I don't think it matters if you had been there for 10 years, that doesn't make you more important than a new season ticket holder. Frankly the view at 109 is not the best so if you just want to sit and watch the game move to a different stand. 95% of them are sedate all seated stands. Or if they love the view so much move to 209, they sit up there.

In the Kippax the equivilent section was the other side of the stand as the away fans were at that side (north stand not Umbro stand). People always stood through the whole game in that area.

This whole thing will peter out in a few matches when the club just gives up.

Fuck off city!!! your just as bad as 'Feltcher' for letting him work at the ground!! we're not all middle class fucking yuppies who wanna sit down all game. I think you'll find the majority of fans want to stand.

I don't know anyone in 109 who wants to sit. I have never once been asked to sit in 109 by a fellow City fan. Quick straw poll. Does anyone on here who 'sits' in 109 want to sit or has been asked to sit by the person behind them?

Oh, and I didn't get a letter either. Nor should they have sent them out after we renewed. Unfortunately we can't argue breach of contract because technically nobody's allowed to stand but we stood last season as the club well know and we renewed presuming we'd be able to again this year. Anyone who wanted out could have got out during the summer to one of the many more seated areas. Standers don't really have a choice. I'm not there for the views. Sitters can go pretty much anywhere else in the entire stadium so why they're attached to a piece of plastic with a number on is beyond me.

SteWadda said:
What's a rail seat?
And why isn't it safe to stand in front of a normal seat?

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.safestandingroadshow.co.uk" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.safestandingroadshow.co.uk</a>

This website for me explains everything, clearly.

With Rail Seats there is a Rail in front of you, roughly just below your belly button region (average height) which forms part of the folded seats in front of you.
This Rail stops yourself from falling over onto the next row.
Currently you can fall over onto people in front of you.

Rail Seating also has lockable seats, so if a seat is required the seat can be unlocked and a seat is provided... in say an area where everyone is stood all seats would remain locked

DSCF0117.JPG
<br /><br />-- Wed Aug 17, 2011 1:49 pm --<br /><br />
Skashion said:
Quick straw poll. Does anyone on here who 'sits' in 109 want to sit or has been asked to sit by the person behind them?

No, except from fans on here who happen to sit in other areas of the ground.

Never once have myself or my wife been asked to sit in Block 109, only by Staff.

it's not just young lads causing shit who are standing either, behind me on Monday was a couple in their mid 50's, yes they got out the flask at half-time but guess what?
They were arguing with the stewards as well, as THEY WANTED to stand themselves.

I didn't see anyone moaning nor did I see anyone moaning on monday and I didn't see/hear anyone moaning last season in Block 109.

And I did not receive a letter, my wife didn't either.

SteWadda said:
What's a rail seat?
And why isn't it safe to stand in front of a normal seat?

I think City have shown it is safe to stand up, the club don't have to spend any money changing seats they have just said you can stand in these areas.

I think if the blocks who have been told they can't stand persist they will eventually tolerate it in these blocks too.

When we first moved to the stadium there were always rows with the stewards about standing in the South Stand with people getting bans.

These are rail seats:

hoffenheim1_300.jpg

While many fans currently stand safely behind low-backed seats, the powers that be regard this as unsafe. To get standing formally allowed, we therefore need to show them a patently safe means of accommodating standing fans. Rail seats do that.

Two further benefits for a club such as Man City are:

1) By adding a second step along each row (as seen in the above picture from Hoffenheim) it would be possible, if revised stadium safety rules in the future permitted it, to increase (potentially double) the capacity of areas fitted with rail seats

2) Capital expenditure on rail seats could be offset against debt for Financial Fair Play purposes

There are lots more pics and information about rail seats here: http://www.safestandingroadshow.co.uk

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.