Trouble in the East Stand??

Re: Ejections in 109

The stewards are fucking hypocrites.

We were all stood right at the front and one of them comes over and starts talking to the lad next to me who had brought his young son ( who on a side note was a credit to the club and his dad ) the lad asks "your not gonna ask me to sit are you?" the response "nah mate not infront of the little man" they then hugged and we stood for the next 60 mins.

So fuck knows how they decide who to go after.

Everyone in 109 as soon as an ejection happens the whole block should fuck off onto the concourse causing the stewards to have an issue.

Lucky13 said:
Why has 109 been targeted , no one in 118 got told to sit down and did any of the Swansea fans ?
It's 109 and 119 that are not "tolerated" areas. Just because some don't wish to stand up, sing and make a lot of noise doesn't mean they are miserable, old or shouldn't be able to sit in seats they've had for years to make room for those who do, they enjoy the games as much as the singers and shouters and have as much right to be able to do so whichever way they choose.

IOWBlue said:
To Eccles Blue, i was only trying to say that for some, the "old style atmosphere" which in my opinion has lessened, was an important part of the whole "matchday experience", and that we should try to accomodate both. There has always been the more vocal or singing sections of any ground, and you cant do it sat down. At Maine Road you knew where to go, for what you wanted as an individual, but as half of Maine Road was standing, thats a lot of people who now have had to change their whole ethos as a supporter. We should all be trying to make it a great day out for both "types" of supporter. We all pay a fair bit, and we all love CITY. Arguing with fellow Blues is something i try to avoid. :)

IOWBlue
Sorry, I was not trying to start an argument, just to let you (& others) know that, as you have rightly pointed out, we should all be trying to make it a great day out for everyone. Tolerance is what is needed, and compromise. I think the club have tried for the compromise and, to a great extent, succeeded.

The only thing I would 'dispute' with you is that you can't sing sitting down. I manage it and so do the people around me, I think we make as much noise in my section as they do in the other stands. However, when you are sitting/standing in a particular stand, because of the noise around you you always think that 'your' stand be it NSEW is the noisiest. :-)

All I want to do is support Manchester City, the best team in the land in all the world, just like everyone else on here, but in a crowd of our size I guess there are 46,802 different opinions!! *lol*

leithblue said:
by arguing with stewards/Peter Fletcher etc you're fighting the wrong person

The problem many fans have is coming to the match to watch the game and soak up the atmosphere Yet stewards/fletcher etc are being aggressive, provoking bad behaviour in fans.

Fans (in most parts) are happy to sing and watch the game, not argue for 90mins with random stewards.

I watched on Monday stewards provoking (in particular) young Males (18-24 demographic)

This was not filmed and at our next home game I will be filming their behaviour as we were treated like shit on monday night.
Myself I completely ignored it and tried enjoying the game but many could not as they were targeted and thus eventually ejected.

Myself I have my SIA License, I know about crowd control.
What I could not understand is their provocative behaviour towards a specific demographic.
Everything I was taught during my training told me not to do what they were doing.

This is the last level - once you attain the level of being aggressive there is no going back.
How can you expect people to react calmly in situations or even do what you are telling them when you yourself are displaying forms of behaviour deemed out of control?

As said I will be filming this come the next home game, with this issue raised at the next supporters club meeting.

Stevie B said:
This is the last level - once you attain the level of being aggressive there is no going back.
How can you expect people to react calmly in situations or even do what you are telling them when you yourself are displaying forms of behaviour deemed out of control?
I see. How would you get them to sit down then? "Please sit down". And if that fails?

Ejections in 109

I was in 119 me and my friend stood for 90mins. What's the fucking point if sending a letter out after u paid £500 to renew. Fuck these guys off City standing creates an atmosphere and most people like to do it. The south stand should be named the standing stand people who don't like it should just move to other parts of the ground. I don't mind sitting down because the people behind me struggle to stand (they never moan and I always ask can they see) but being told to really winds me up. Well done to the blues singing stand up if u love City :) Stewards soon gave up.

allan harper said:
ban-mcfc said:
saw it over from 116, looked like it was because of people refusing to sit.

ffs everybody there looked like they wanted to stand, so fucking let them fletcher you prick.

Was it Fletcher who poped our beach ball ?

I dont think it was... are you talking about last season?

Ejections in 109

SleepingGiant said:
allan harper said:
ban-mcfc said:
saw it over from 116, looked like it was because of people refusing to sit.

ffs everybody there looked like they wanted to stand, so fucking let them fletcher you prick.

Was it Fletcher who poped our beach ball ?

I dont think it was... are you talking about last season?

No mate, Monday night. Fat stumpy bloke in a blue steward jacket.

maybe the club need asking if they would consider extending the singing sections at some point in the future say an extra block either side (109 and 119?). they could then ask any person in in those blocks who dont want to stand if they would like to relocate to another area of the ground, the club could give them some form of discount to smooth things over.

the safe standing areas look a great idea also would be good to see something like that implemented in england. with access to grounds so controlled now you would never get more people getting into a block than it was designed to hold i.e like at hillsborough.

Big G said:
If there is a problem with the aggressive nature of the 'stewards' then get intouch with the club, The guy Fletcher is only doing his job, whether we like it or not on the whole he may not be doing a bad job. Unfortunatly it seems for some people to go on a massive ego trip once a security badge and yellow jacket gets issued to them, and there lies the biggest problem.

Gathering round and surrounding/intimidating the 'stewards' will only cause more shit, in days gone by it may have worked, but your on camera now, you can be picked up and fucked off at a later date thanks to big brother, send an email to the club, keep it clean and hopefully the club will take note and get on with improving the matter, and if you get a response with an update then even better,
Work with your club, not against them.

The most sensible idea on this thread to date.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.