Trouble in the East Stand??

Re: Re: Trouble in the East Stand??

bluevengence said:
r.soleofsalford said:
M18CTID said:
My own take on this is that I don't believe the GMP did too much wrong for a change and much of the blame is down to the Showsec stewards being completely incapable of dealing with the incident. The police were requested as back-up after the situation had started to develop and probably arrested the bloke based on information given to them by the stewards. Later it transpired that the stewards had either got it wrong or lied and as such the police decided the bloke hadn't done enough to warrant being nicked and subsequently de-arrested him.

i though the club and the police videoed any trouble that breaks out in the ground surely the club can view the vids and take action against the over zealous showsec employees, this would go a long way in appeasing the fans

According to Fletcher in this article they would have the camera already
trained on the man before the nazis went in..

"The flexibility the system provides in terms of archiving has already proven itself in terms of stadium safety and security. Peter continues: “For events and concerts we now burn disks the following day and this is often used to provide supplementary evidence to help us push through our enforcement policies - from filming fans drinking alcohol in the stadium bowl, to enforcing the no-smoking ban or recording troublemakers. If a steward spots someone causing trouble, for example, we insist that they call the event control room first, so we can make sure our cameras are capturing footage when the steward goes in to sort it out. This way we can back up the steward’s evidence.”

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.ad-group.co.uk/projects.php?projectID=20&row=1" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.ad-group.co.uk/projects.php? ... D=20&row=1</a>

nothing like a presumption of guilty - he says "this was we can back up the steward's evidence", but what about the supporter's evidence?

I used to work for Showsec. I was initially interviewed and taken on to work at the Commonwealth Games. At my interview, there were 2 other guys interviewed at a table alongside mine. Both interviewees had declared criminal records on their application forms. Both were advised to delete that section and not mention it again, Both were taken on.
I worked for them for several years. The management were a bunch of bullying thugs, mainly people that wouldnt have made it in other line of work but thought they were someone because they had employees under them. At the time I worked for them, as a female in my late 30s, I can honestly say I'd never been spoken to or treated so badly in all my life. They took pleasure in humiliating staff in front of others. Unless things have changed, there is a mindset from the top down of thinking the worst of people. At the end of the day, if your 20 mins briefing session before you start work consists of being bullied and abused, that will be your attitude as you do your job.

Re: Re: Trouble in the East Stand??

SWP's back said:
Prestwich_Blue said:
Wrong. You can be arrested and not charged but that remains on record. So it means police believe an offence has been committed but lack the evidence to press charges.

Being de-arrested means the arrest record is expunged and generally signals the police are satisfied on the basis of subsequent evidence that the original arrest was incorrect and no offence was committed.
Look Colin, in the scheme of the thread, it doesn't fucking matter you tiny pedant.

According to section 30, subsection (7) and (7A) of the Police and Criminal Evidence Act 1984, to "de-arrest" is to allow that "a person who has been arrested under any act of law at a place other than a police station, shall be released before reaching a police station if a constable is satisfied that there are no grounds for keeping him under arrest".

Why do you think the police arrested the de-arrested the man? The police state it was due to an ending of the breach of the peace.

Is there anyway your pedantry, whether true or not, changes the fact that the police removed the man to end a breach of the peace?

They de-arrested the bloke because they fucked up in a major way resulting in the man needing medical assistance, this is the police's way of trying to avoid a lawsuit against them.

Blue Punter said:
A friend of mine was ejected for smoking a few seasons ago. As he was bundled out of the toilets by about 8 showsec staff, I accompanied him to arrange a meeting point. He lives overseas and had no means of communication as he had literally arrived in the country hours earlier.

As I was trying to sort this out, I was pushed through the concourse exits at block 'D 'by another 4 showsec staff. Obviously on a 2-4-1 mission.

We were both cattled and seperated into a really tight space and pushed up against a wall. My seasoncard was taken off me and we were both ejected.

I attend the game as a carer for someone who suffers from the disability of being Walking Ambulent (WA). When I explained this to the Showsec staff, they replied "Not my problem".

Fortunately there are several familty members in our block, so I was able to contact them and they were able to assist.

I emailed Peter Fletcher (PF) about this appalling behaviour:-

1. I had been ejected and physically manhandled for nothing.
2. The person I assist was left alone for the second half.
3. The person I assist at no point had any contact from Showsec or MCFC to inform them what had gone on.

PF ignored my initial email and only replied after I responded with another email. In his reply, he accused me of neglecting my role as a carer by leaving the WA support unattended at HT.

I pointed out that he wasn't unattended as I left him with his brother, 2 sisters and 3 nephews. (Their seasoncards numbers in the same block were provided as evidence). I also questioned the logic of forcing a WA supporter to accompany me to the toilets, whether they needed to go themselves or not.

His next reply accused me of assaulting a steward. When I pointed out that I was previously a steward at Salford RLFC, I questioned why the punishment for such an serious offence of assault wasn't more severe than ejection.

I also asked for evidence of this alleged assault (Time, witnesses, when, where, on whom etc). I also requested evidence of any CCTV in operation and questioned why the police were not summoned. I offered to make a personal representation on the matter.

Peter Fletcher replied that he no longer wished to enter into dialogue, he believed the Showsec version of events, the matter was closed and he would not be replying to any further emails.

Peter Fletcher is just made to look more of a cock with every post that passes about him.

Ricster said:
Blue Punter said:
A friend of mine was ejected for smoking a few seasons ago. As he was bundled out of the toilets by about 8 showsec staff, I accompanied him to arrange a meeting point. He lives overseas and had no means of communication as he had literally arrived in the country hours earlier.

As I was trying to sort this out, I was pushed through the concourse exits at block 'D 'by another 4 showsec staff. Obviously on a 2-4-1 mission.

We were both cattled and seperated into a really tight space and pushed up against a wall. My seasoncard was taken off me and we were both ejected.

I attend the game as a carer for someone who suffers from the disability of being Walking Ambulent (WA). When I explained this to the Showsec staff, they replied "Not my problem".

Fortunately there are several familty members in our block, so I was able to contact them and they were able to assist.

3. The person I assist at no point had any contact from Showsec or MCFC to inform them what had gone on.

PF ignored my initial email and only replied after I responded with another email. In his reply, he accused me of neglecting my role as a carer by leaving the WA support unattended at HT.

I pointed out that he wasn't unattended as I left him with his brother, 2 sisters and 3 nephews. (Their seasoncards numbers in the same block were provided as evidence). I also questioned the logic of forcing a WA supporter to accompany me to the toilets, whether they needed to go themselves or not.

His next reply accused me of assaulting a steward. When I pointed out that I was previously a steward at Salford RLFC, I questioned why the punishment for such an serious offence of assault wasn't more severe than ejection.

I also asked for evidence of this alleged assault (Time, witnesses, when, where, on whom etc). I also requested evidence of any CCTV in operation and questioned why the police were not summoned. I offered to make a personal representation on the matter.

Peter Fletcher replied that he no longer wished to enter into dialogue, he believed the Showsec version of events, the matter was closed and he would not be replying to any further emails.

Peter Fletcher is just made to look more of a cock with every post that passes about him.

What an utter bellend.

EDIT: not you, Ricster, PF

quiet_riot said:
Ricster said:
Blue Punter said:

What an utter bellend.

EDIT: not you, Ricster, PF

I was about to ask, lol. Peter Fletcher being Health and Safety manager of the stadium, is it not within his job description to first and foremost have the security and safety of the fans as his biggest objective?

The only reason i ask, is because i work in a similar capacity, obviously on a smaller scale in a shopping centre, being the manager of Security. Our main objective is the security and safety of the public. Their health comes before us and we aim to provide a high class shopping experience in the hope people will return in future.

In no way do we try and set up members, especially innocent members of the public. Again i return to Fletcher's previous role as a Superintendant with the police and it is now proving a conflict of interest.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.