Trouble in the East Stand??

Standing doesn't have anything to do with atmosphere.This seems to be just a legend in English football.To start with,I have to say that I love to stand and I prefer the away games to the home ones (probably because I sit in 101 :P ).But to call a **** somebody who doesn't stand is stupid.I'm 6ft1 and I have no problem watching the game over most of the people's heads and it's not a question of stamina either.But if I'd be 5ft or I'd have some legs disability,I definitely wouldn't enjoy watching someone's back for 90 min.
You can sing your heart out even if you sit.I don't see any problem with it.The problem on Etihad Stadium is that people can'y be bothered even to sing the Anthem most of the times.This is way the atmosphere is crap.
In this case Showsec and the coppers were a joke.Such a bad taste show to eject a "hooligan" that was older than my dad.The club and the police should have a look into it,because we're paying for it and we come to enjoy the game not the incompetence and abuse of the "guards".

Standing is relevant to atmosphere as standing creates its own atmosphere.

People will move around more, different styles of chanting such as the Easy/Easy/Easy chant is hard to do whilst sat... also when singing our Bluemoon anthem - if done with your arms raised and outstretched it is very awkward to do whilst sat as you'd end up barging into someone next to you.

Standing has it's own atmosphere.... there is no coincidence why when I'm in areas where people are stood I end up chatting to many fans more than when I've been in areas full of people sat down... It's rare I even chat to the guy sat next to me, nevermind people stood behind me/infront of me and even many rows infront.

Standing is far superior at crowd events, same applies with watching music concerts.

Was very disappointed with the atmosphere yesterday,

Even singing we are top of the league, nobody seemed bothered!

Very strange....

Am in opposite corner in North Stand 2 and saw this building up with the showsecs coming from all corners to have their pennies worth but the one thing I noticed that doesn't seem to have been mentioned (I have read every page so sorry if i missed it) is that after the main incident, I assume with the old man who was threatened, quite clearly someone somewhere who pulled the plug on all this activity and there was a very quick evacuation of yellow jackets.

I do hope it was someone at the club who had the sense and authority to do this. If that is the case then I would hope for the future the club is able to prevent such scenes happening again.

notts blue said:

Very strange....

after the goals it was roaring, at times my ears were hurting but in between it wasn't great.

not bad but still needs to improve.

what is clear from the video is that more people could have been hurt. is that the image our club needs when trying to attract more paying customers into the stands ? bullying stewards cracking any fan who dare look at them funny ?

if i wasn't already a regular it would put me off taking my kids to a game if i saw that video.

i wish more would have gotten involved and given the lot of them a good kicking, the cunts.

notts blue said:

Very strange....

Completely different experience than myself...

At times I struggled speaking with people around me as it was so loud.

Well done Blues yesterday (where I was stood anyway)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.