True Legends

i dont think it matters if you've seen them or not tbh. i go off videos and what I've heard from my dad/grandad and other city fans for the players i haven't seen. it is hard to name just 5 though.

Colin bell
Trautman
doyle
dunne
hart
kompany

Last edited:
Andy Morrison. OK, He didn't have the pace,ability and skill of Kompany, Watson or Hendry etc, but where would we be without him? Arguably the most important player in our history. We wouldn't of got out of that division that season without him that's for sure. And then what could of happened? A truly outstanding million % a game player who picked our club up by the scruff of its neck. A true legend.

Cant believe nobody as mentioned Billy Meredith ,never saw him play obviously but as to be included,one of the first superstars of football

Billy Meredith
Bert T
Colin
Mike D
David S
Sergio

edit, and Zab

Last edited:
In my lifetime
Pre takeover:
- Bell
- Lee
- Tueart
- Doyle
- Kinkladze
* special mentions: Summerbee, Book, Corrigan, Barnes, Kidd

Post Takeover:
- Yaya
- Silva
- Agüero
- Kompany
- Hart
* special mentions: Tevez, Džeko, Zabaleta, Balotelli, Barry

How anybody can mention Tevez and Toure is beyond me. A legend is someone who genuinely cares about the club, always gives 100% for the club and treats it with the same respect as the fans. They're both brilliant players and achieved brilliant things but they're both disrespectful cnuts who I wouldn't piss on if they were on fire.

Zab simply has to be in any modern day legends list. He was brought in as a cut price replacement for Chorluka (sp?) as we had no money so selling Ch to Spurps and buying Zab netted us £1m to pay the staff wages at the time. He came with many weaknesses such as rash tackles getting him red carded, he has had other players try to take his place including fans favourite Richards but always rose to the top and made the place his.. He is a true warrior who will play on after bad injury, never had a bad story in the press, never looked to rock the boat with any of our manager and if you don't love him enough yet let me tell you one more story. He attended a disabled supporters meeting, we pointed to the top table for him to take his seat and asked our members to queue one table at a time (we hate a long queue of people who can't stand/walk. Zab simply refused to sit down at the table or allow one single disabled supporter to queue to meet with him, instead he walked the full room, met with every supporter, ensured they all got their photo's, autographs etc before returning to the top table for a Q&A session where no question was off topic. The nicest player I have ever met

For me, 'legend' is a lot more than how good a player was. It includes character and commitment to the club, the relationship with the fans, and behaviour off the field....after all players are always representing the club. Thus, if I were a Chelsea fan, I could never include Terry because...well, you know. Sometimes an ordinary player can be a legend because somehow we know they just love the club and give their all. George Heslop came from Everton reserves and turned into a rock. When he brought the ball out of defence (once in a blue moon), we all gave a mock cheer because we knew he would probably trip over it. He had a shot once...straight over the Platt Lane stand,
So hard to make a list, but here goes. Players I have seen.

Trautmann.....a poster above mentioned his off field work. Huge demo against his arrival, left a British hero
Book.....not the greatest player, but arrived from non-league almost in the autumn of his career, and captained the side to astonishing triumphs.
Bell....just great and his restaurant wasn't bad either!
Lee won pen...the Chinaman had a massive impact.
Neil Young....so elegant and badly treated by the club.
Mick Doyle...lived and breathed City and just hated the rags.
Rosler...fell in love with City and gave his all.
Goater....ditto, and that goal, robbing Neville. (I was in tears, beating the rags and singing "City are back".)
Dunne.....had his problems but saved us from relegation at least once.
Yaya...I know his failings but he carried us to the title in 2014.
Zabaletta....a modern day Doyle.
Finally...Alex Williams...had to put up with appalling racism, especially at Chelsea, defied the old shed with a great display one year. And a legend of CITC.

Kun, captain fantastic and the magician will have to wait till they've finished!

Last edited:
Andy Morrison, a proper hero , he turned us round when we were deep deep in the shit, stopped the rot and turned us around imo, he did more for our club than a fancy flick and a tricky dribble,he stopped the rot, he breathed life into us ,and dragged us kicking and screaming to Wembley and without him we could still be floundering around the lower leagues.

Sergio aguero ,apart from all his great play and goals,that goal ,possibly the greatest goal in our history.

from the current squad it has to be yaya / aguero / silva / vinnie / zaba (with a few more coming through...)

going back over the years though you have to include bell / book / tueart / goater / dickov

and as for managers it has to be mancini

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.