Trying to gamble up to a season ticket.....

My dad won £4500 on the horses today, I think they were running at York. He said he backed 4 horses trained by Michael Stoute and I think the jockey was Ryan Murphy/Moore for 3 of the horses. He did a £2 bet on all 6 doubles, 4 trebled and a four-fold (Not sure what that sort of bet is called). So for a £22 stake, he won £4500.

The odds were 8/1, 5/6, 7/1 and not sure of the last one but I think that was 7/1 as well. He is still moaning a little bit though because the horse he took at 8/1 was in fact 11/1 at one stage then when he put the bet on it went down to 8/1.

Edit - he just rang me to say that another Michael Stoute horse won at a 7:00pm race at odds of 7/2. He's kicking himself that he didn't include that horse as well, the greedy sod ;)

Two worst forms of betting ,
1st) Fruit machines
2nd) Roulette machines at the bookies,which are the same as fruit machines.

Thenumber1blue said:
Two worst forms of betting ,
1st) Fruit machines
2nd) Roulette machines at the bookies,which are the same as fruit machines.

never go on fruit machines, could'nt even work one tbh, roulette can be as bad i suppose, a guy in the bookies today lost 1400 quid, how mad is that.

Pretty keen on a flutter myself, football, horses, greyhounds (occasionally), poker, or even the machines in the bookies, but with the machines, limit yourself to £10 or "20 and if you are up to £60 or £70 play for about another £10, and then take out £50 or £60.
Very often I will do this and seem to be making a bit of money by not being too greedy, too many stick in £20, get up to £80 or £90 and keep going expecting to win more but then lose what they had up and start chasing the money back again, often resulting in them losing £70 or £80, so instead of being up £40+ they are down £70, I then come along after them and by not being too greedy often obtain a nice wee profit.

law74 said:
Pretty keen on a flutter myself, football, horses, greyhounds (occasionally), poker, or even the machines in the bookies, but with the machines, limit yourself to £10 or "20 and if you are up to £60 or £70 play for about another £10, and then take out £50 or £60.
Very often I will do this and seem to be making a bit of money by not being too greedy, too many stick in £20, get up to £80 or £90 and keep going expecting to win more but then lose what they had up and start chasing the money back again, often resulting in them losing £70 or £80, so instead of being up £40+ they are down £70, I then come along after them and by not being too greedy often obtain a nice wee profit.

about right, i take 50's and 60's out all the time, if i stick a 20 in i put 2 quid on 0,7,29 takes me to 72, i then put 22 quid on and if that loses i take my 50 and get off, of course if i hit a couple more times then great i up the anti on the "big" numbers. did this yesterday with 9 quid on zero and 7 quid on 29.

not had time to look in depth today, but there is a runner that some may be interested in:

Fugutive Motel, named after the Elbow song, makes his racecourse debut in the 6.00pm at Windsor tonight. A son of Holy Roman Empire, the high class Coolmore beast, he is ridden by Ryan Moore, and trained by Richard Hannon. At 10/1 he would probably make my shortlist, and I think we all have a vested interest in him, as most of us will have helped to buy him; his owner is a certain Mr Joseph Barton....

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.