Trying to gamble up to a season ticket.....

I haven't got a clue how betfair works, i signed up ages ago and saw all that place and lay shite on there.

Tried to lay off a horse and it kept saying i couldn't do it, something wasn't matched, i'd exceeded liability and all this shit wtf does it mean?

I gave up

Out of interest Bill, do you play the same numbers everytime?

I've worked out you're £1270 up since Wednesday, you must lose a hell out of a lot sometimes otherwise you'd just pack work in!!

LeeOnePen said:
de niro said:
I consider horse/dog betting way too risky, I love the old roulette in the bookies, just been in and first number out 29, two spins and up pops 7, then zero, stake 40 quid, took out 300 straight in to the Tsb :)

See, I find that fascinating. I've owned a couple of dogs at belle vue in my time, so know how bent it can be, but I think horse racing if you know what you're doing can be profitable. I'm not trying to claim I'm at McfcinUSA levels, but I turn a nice profit month by month, not enough to quit work, but enough to improve my quality of life a little. On the other hand, I'd never go near a bookies machine - thats not in any way intended to be a judgement on you deniro, you're clearly getting them to pay and that's impressive stuff. Just not for me.

Nobody gets roulette machines to pay. It is impossible in the long term. It might happen purely by luck in the short term, and there is a minuscule chance of it happening in the medium to long term (possibly due to a highly erratic staking process). But it would be very unlikely and purely down to luck. Nothing else. Nothing.

However, if anyone, in the short medium or long term is making any sort of profit out of such ventures the only sensible thing to do is for them to give thanks for their extremely lucky situation, stick the money in the bank and decide never to put another penny in such machines again.

The roulette machines are now the bookies biggest income,lads n girls going in there with there wages & bang gone in the machines in 20 mins....they are on the go all day...what a money maker!

Simon Le Tom said:

I've worked out you're £1270 up since Wednesday, you must lose a hell out of a lot sometimes otherwise you'd just pack work in!!

lol, i do do the same numbers every time, then tweak it from there, so i do zero, 7,29,17,23,26,32 as a given, then i ALWAYS play the ball just out, if i have nothing on it i put a bob or two on it, if i have it i increase the stake on it(not the original 6 btw). i also pick my machine carefully, if vacant i see what the sequence of numbers they all have and pick the one i think my numbers are due out on.just now i popped in with ten quid, 0 came out and i had 3 quid on it = 108 return, another spin came 7 another 108 in the end i came off win 190 for my tenner.
since november i am over 9000 up once i have took my stakes out, sometimes i lose but its nigh on always their own money back:)
as for not working i copy all the big winning tickets before i cash them and hand them over to my accountant so he can show where money going in to my bank has come from, it also saves me taking a wage, only had 1 wage in the last 4 weeks cos i've not needed to.
tomorrow of course is another day, i will take 40 quid with me to work if i win great, if not its no great loss as its only money i won in the first place.

i have no clue about bet fair and horses etc.

ps. in my bookies i'm know as "lucky", can't think why:)

de niro said:
Simon Le Tom said:

lol, i do do the same numbers every time, then tweak it from there, so i do zero, 7,29,17,23,26,32 as a given, then i ALWAYS play the ball just out, if i have nothing on it i put a bob or two on it, if i have it i increase the stake on it(not the original 6 btw). i also pick my machine carefully, if vacant i see what the sequence of numbers they all have and pick the one i think my numbers are due out on.just now i popped in with ten quid, 0 came out and i had 3 quid on it = 108 return, another spin came 7 another 108 in the end i came off win 190 for my tenner.
since november i am over 9000 up once i have took my stakes out, sometimes i lose but its nigh on always their own money back:)
as for not working i copy all the big winning tickets before i cash them and hand them over to my accountant so he can show where money going in to my bank has come from, it also saves me taking a wage, only had 1 wage in the last 4 weeks cos i've not needed to.
tomorrow of course is another day, i will take 40 quid with me to work if i win great, if not its no great loss as its only money i won in the first place.

9000!!!!!!!!! WOW. Fair play to you mate. One question if you started to loose at what point would you stop?

de niro said:
Simon Le Tom said:

If that is true, and I'm in no way suggesting it isn't, then, even over a small sample, it would suggest to me that there is a some sort of flaw in the random number generation system that these machines use. It could be possible.

However, I would be very sceptical about bookmakers running machines that contain such a flaw. It would be a complete and utter catastrophe in terms of their business plan for their machines and I can't really conceive of a situation where they would either a) allow that to develop or b) not spot such a major flaw in their plans.

Three options really
a) the sample is both too small and subject to a huge degree of good luck
b) the bookmaker is completely neglecting his duty, is running massively flawed machines and this is being exploited
c) the gambling syndrome of remembering wins more than losses is in play to some extent.

Again, I'm not saying the above isn't true at all, just that it is either statistically highly unlikely and/or a bookmaker somewhere is running a hugely flawed operation.

welcometomanchester said:
de niro said:
Simon Le Tom said:

9000!!!!!!!!! WOW. Fair play to you mate. One question if you started to loose at what point would you stop?

dunno, have had wins like 150 quid and by the end of the day its gone, as long as you start with say 40 brick its not a lot to lose. due to a lucky run i seem to only give them their money back, still hurts mind, overall i do ok.<br /><br />-- Fri Jun 10, 2011 7:22 pm --<br /><br />
John Maddocks Axe said:
de niro said:
Simon Le Tom said:
Out of interest Bill, do you play the same numbers every time?

If that is true, and I'm in no way suggesting it isn't, then, even over a small sample, it would suggest to me that there is a some sort of flaw in the random number generation system that these machines use. It could be possible.

However, I would be very sceptical about bookmakers running machines that contain such a flaw. It would be a complete and utter catastrophe in terms of their business plan for their machines and I can't really conceive of a situation where they would either a) allow that to develop or b) not spot such a major flaw in their plans.

Three options really
a) the sample is both too small and subject to a huge degree of good luck
b) the bookmaker is completely neglecting his duty, is running massively flawed machines and this is being exploited
c) the gambling syndrome of remembering wins more than losses is in play to some extent.

Again, I'm not saying the above isn't true at all, just that it is either statistically highly unlikely and/or a bookmaker somewhere is running a hugely flawed operation.

dont know about all that jargon mate, i just put me money on and hope for the best, the two bookies i use are coral and william hill.
i have a couple of funnies, a few months back i took a business card out of my wallet and a winning ticket for corals fell out, it was for 370 quid and i had took it to copy it but got serving customers and forgot about it, i just forgot i'd won it, 3 weeks had passed so i took it over took collect my money, they were shaking their heads asking "how can you forget winning that".
a few weeks ago i won 260 in william hills, they didn't have enough in the till as it was early morning and asked me to return at 11 am, well i forgot, the following week they pulled me and asked had i missed anything, me thick said nope, here you you thick get here's your money from last week:) the 260 shielded my embarrassment.

MCFCinUSA said:
- they haven't read through this: <a class="postlink" href="http://www.okcupid.com/tests/the-professional-gambler-aptitude-test" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.okcupid.com/tests/the-profes ... itude-test</a> (so they might think I'm a total bullshitter - when a cursory glace through this might tip them off that I do know a little about what I'm talking about, since I wrote the bloody thing)

Wolf, any good?

Bilboblue said:
MCFCinUSA said:
- they haven't read through this: <a class="postlink" href="http://www.okcupid.com/tests/the-professional-gambler-aptitude-test" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.okcupid.com/tests/the-profes ... itude-test</a> (so they might think I'm a total bullshitter - when a cursory glace through this might tip them off that I do know a little about what I'm talking about, since I wrote the bloody thing)

Wolf, any good?

Supposed to be the best one.<br /><br />-- Fri Jun 10, 2011 10:10 pm --<br /><br />I was back at it again starting at 2pm.

I didn't write down the info as I couldn't be bothered, so sorry about that.

I reckon I placed 30-40 bets today.

My first bet saw me laying a horse on the first race at 2pm. This bet lost, which meant that I was now down to my original £50 once again as I lost the £90 profit I'd made yesterday.

Since 2pm I've been laying the horses and I dabbled in one football lay because I was feeling adventurous. All of these bets won, so 29-39/30-40 of today's bets won.

The brings my current float in Betfair up to £224.56, with £174.56 being profit (all of which I made today because I lost).

This betting lark is tiring, so I'm caling it a night and will resume tomorrow.

I'm going to only bet with £120 of the money tomorrow and go from there, which means I'll have at least made £50 from this, which will have covered my platinum on my ST.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.