TUC Conference

oneyeartillheaven said:
Not really I am just an employer who loves giving people jobs, pensions, security, training and a salary.

And then I really love it when they tell me that the job, pension, security, training and salary are not good enough and unless I pay them more they will cut off and kill the very hand that feeds them.
Clearly they don't think you're a very good employer if that's really the case. Plenty of people today are making real sacrifices to keept their employers going.

oneyeartillheaven said:
Not really I am just an employer who loves giving people jobs, pensions, security, training and a salary.

And then I really love it when they tell me that the job, pension, security, training and salary are not good enough and unless I pay them more they will cut off and kill the very hand that feeds them.

In simple terms "thanks for the job, now pay me more or I wont work for you, you cant sack me and in todays climate if we don't produce your 20 year old business will go bust"

So where do I get my ss badge?

Workers join the Union so they don't get screwed by arrogant bastards like you. 'The hand that feeds them', you make it sound like your a fucking charity. It's a two way relationship, without your workers there is no business.

I'm an employer too pal and I'm all for the Union, but then my lads don't feel the need to join one because I treat them as people, not commodities.

Paying people what they're worth is a good start.

oneyeartillheaven said:
Damocles said:
YEAH!

Life was much better when employers could treat workers however they wanted, sack any dissenters, and pay them a pittance whilst expecting them to be thankful for it.

Unions are true democracy in action, they represent freedom.

Why do you hate freedom? Why do you hate democracy? Are you a fascist Nazi or something?

;)

In simple terms "thanks for the job, now pay me more or I wont work for you, you cant sack me and in todays climate if we don't produce your 20 year old business will go bust"

Jog on knob. Who do you think makes your profits?

oneyeartillheaven said:
Fuck the unions and any cnut thats in one

Dickhead. If you work with your union instead of against it. Your business might be more successful.

Does that quote include all "Cnuts that play in Blue" as well, that are in the players union

totallywired said:
oneyeartillheaven said:

My employees.

That's why I pay them more than the average in my sector and have a workforce who realise it's the amount of work that is put in that generates the profits.

And the more profits we make the more the workers get paid.

It's the workers that skive ring in sick don't do the job correctly don't give a shit generally piss about you know the type they are in every workplace and they are usually the most vocal when someone asks them to take 5 minutes less for tea when they already spend about 45 mins a day in the toilet playing on their phone.

Oh and although I am an owner I have staff that get a better salary than me as they contribute more to the business now than I used to.

The TUC is now just a pressure group for public sector workers. They are the only ones who ever go on strike these days as they are lucky enough to still live in the golden era of job security and decent, pensions pay and conditions, all paid for by the rest of us don't enjoy such benefits.

All this bleating from the TUC about cuts to public services is just selfishness. They are interested in the jobs of their members, not our services. We get pathetic public services considering how many people we employ and how much we pay them.

So many public sector workers do none-jobs these days that a strike wil demonstrate just how little we need them on the payroll at all.

urmston said:
The TUC is now just a pressure group for public sector workers. They are the only ones who ever go on strike these days as they are lucky enough to still live in the golden era of job security and decent, pensions pay and conditions, all paid for by the rest of us don't enjoy such benefits.

All this bleating from the TUC about cuts to public services is just selfishness. They are interested in the jobs of their members, not our services. We get pathetic public services considering how many people we employ and how much we pay them.

So many public sector workers do none-jobs these days that a strike wil demonstrate just how little we need them on the payroll at all.

I don't understand.

How will a strike which results in no services being provided at all result in us realising how little they do anyway?

Put yourself in someone's shoes who works for a Local Authority and is a real grafter (they do exist) and has a young family to feed and clothe. How would you feel having the threat of redundancy hanging over them every single day? How would you feel when you get people like you telling them that they basically do fuck all and don't deserve a job?

It seems that you've swallowed the Coalition's Manifesto hook, line and sinker and now believe ALL of the Public Sector is evil and needs to be culled. If you think the good workers will be safe then I'm afraid you're deluded.

For the record, I work in the Private Sector but have to deal with the Public Setor every working day, so I know there is good and bad within it, but I have an enormous amount of sympathy for the hard workers who, through no fault of their own, are going to lose their jobs.

m27 said:
Put yourself in someone's shoes who works for a Local Authority and is a real grafter (they do exist) .

Been looking through the latest City Council accounts. Did you know that 445 people earn more than 50k a year? And that 9 school workers earned more than 100k a year? 8 people in the council also earned more than 100k a year not including the Chief Executive who is on 203k basic. Even the Treasurer is on in excess of 150k.
Something called a Strategic Director of Directorate of Transformation was paid 91k at least in the year 2009/2010.

This is where the real money is being wasted. It is because of this greed that real people who do real jobs will suffer. I suggest that the Unions, instead of banging on about how the coalition is out to screw the 'people' , started attacking the waste that goes on.

But i think that won't happen seeing as unions like Unite only spend 50% of all money they receive on their members with the rest going to themselves which includes TWO general secretaries who both get paid in excess of 120k a year.

Add on the waste that is in central government with quangos for quangos sake (whatever they are) then a picture suddenly appears.

It's the people in charge who are bleeding this country dry. Strikes won't help as they will only hurt the common person.

And this is against all political parties who have had any sort of power in the last 20 years, even at local council level.

Cut the waste. Don't strike. Keep the real workers, working. It's all very simple.

oneyeartillheaven said:
totallywired said:

My employees.

That's why I pay them more than the average in my sector and have a workforce who realise it's the amount of work that is put in that generates the profits.

And the more profits we make the more the workers get paid.

It's the workers that skive ring in sick don't do the job correctly don't give a shit generally piss about you know the type they are in every workplace and they are usually the most vocal when someone asks them to take 5 minutes less for tea when they already spend about 45 mins a day in the toilet playing on their phone.

Oh and although I am an owner I have staff that get a better salary than me as they contribute more to the business now than I used to.

Bang on mate. I couldn't agree more (not allowed the SS uniform though as the owners of my firm are jewish)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.