TUC Conference

BimboBob said:
Would they be so irate if Labour had announced the same cuts?

It's very simple, and i wish the leaders of the unions would sometimes pull their collective heads out of the sand and pay attention.

Cuts = savings that the country needs.
Strike = fuck up the country.

if you hadnt noticed the country is already fucked up all without the aid of the tuc or any associated unions. these cut will effect the poorest in our society which of course is what the tories are renowned for.

r.soleofsalford said:
BimboBob said:
Would they be so irate if Labour had announced the same cuts?

It's very simple, and i wish the leaders of the unions would sometimes pull their collective heads out of the sand and pay attention.

Cuts = savings that the country needs.
Strike = fuck up the country.

if you hadnt noticed the country is already fucked up all without the aid of the tuc or any associated unions. these cut will effect the poorest in our society which of course is what the tories are renowned for.

That's a very lazy answer. It's obvious that we can't keep on as we are and that cuts are necessary, why do you automatically assume that "the Tories will screw the poor" If they get rid of loads of quangos such as the regional governments, how does that affect the poor. BTW, how many people are genuinly poor in this country given the level of benefits paid?

Ronnie the Rep said:
r.soleofsalford said:

That's a very lazy answer. It's obvious that we can't keep on as we are and that cuts are necessary, why do you automatically assume that "the Tories will screw the poor" If they get rid of loads of quangos such as the regional governments, how does that affect the poor. BTW, how many people are genuinly poor in this country given the level of benefits paid?

But Ronnie, you did the same thing by posing the question re if a Labour government was in (in a way) in that it led to the assumption that you didn't think we would act the same way.

We would. In fact it might even be worse.

I have a pay freeze for the next two years and that is OK with me as I will do my bit. However, I refuse to also do the job of three people (this is what happened in the mid nineties) into the bargain.

funny,the best years (supposedly) 50s,60,s,70.s, pubs full,plenty of work about and Britain was booming,thatcher comes along nullifies the unions,privatises all the utilities, lays of thousands,gives us yupies(or greedy bastards)and now we are much better off ....eh?

mackenzie said:
Ronnie the Rep said:

But Ronnie, you did the same thing by posing the question re if a Labour government was in (in a way) in that it led to the assumption that you didn't think we would act the same way.

I have a pay freeze for the next two years and that is OK with me as I will do my bit. However, I refuse to also do the job of three people (this is what happened in the mid nineties) into the bargain.

Evening Mackenzie - I think it makes no difference who is in, we would have to face cuts and the issue is in this thread that the TUC are saying they will stop all job cuts and I don't think that is realistic. We had a pay freeze last year in our company which we all agreed with and because we are a private company (and therefore arguably more flexible) we have all mucked in and saved costs so that nobody was made redundant and we got a rise this year. I despair when I hear both sides bang on about unions v tories etc as in reality we are all in the sh*t and need to do something about it

Labour promised tougher cuts than there had been under Thatcher. I can't shake the feeling that if Labour had got in & carried out these cuts the unions wouldn't be kicking off half as much as they are now.

oneyeartillheaven said:
Damocles said:
YEAH!

Life was much better when employers could treat workers however they wanted, sack any dissenters, and pay them a pittance whilst expecting them to be thankful for it.

Unions are true democracy in action, they represent freedom.

Why do you hate freedom? Why do you hate democracy? Are you a fascist Nazi or something?

;)

Not really I am just an employer who loves giving people jobs, pensions, security, training and a salary.

And then I really love it when they tell me that the job, pension, security, training and salary are not good enough and unless I pay them more they will cut off and kill the very hand that feeds them.

In simple terms "thanks for the job, now pay me more or I wont work for you, you cant sack me and in todays climate if we don't produce your 20 year old business will go bust"

So where do I get my ss badge?
It says much more about you as an employer when you come out with shite like that pal...been a trade unionist all my workin life,never had to strike and had some good/bad industrial relations. Without the trade unions tell me, who will speak up for the working class then?<br /><br />-- Mon Sep 13, 2010 7:18 pm --<br /><br />
sixlashes said:
funny,the best years (supposedly) 50s,60,s,70.s, pubs full,plenty of work about and Britain was booming,thatcher comes along nullifies the unions,privatises all the utilities, lays of thousands,gives us yupies(or greedy bastards)and now we are much better off ....eh?
quality post that !

Ronnie the Rep said:
r.soleofsalford said:

any as to your lazy reply. who was it caused this financial meltdown shit we find our selves in, in the first place was it a tuc official.

i have just come back from Spain while there i played golf with people (ex pats) who had compared to me vast wealth until recently. what with the Icelandic banks and the effect on stock market values and even property values these self made men are now feeling the pinch if not in the midst of a financial catastrophe after years of working 7 days a week in most cases.

meanwhile the city will still pay out vast bonuses. the ceo of Barclay's will still probably get his multi million pound bonus on top of his £230,000 salary.

but what of the real poor. there services will be drastically cut. there jobs will be slashed. yet while this slash and burn policy goes on the poorest should touch there forelock and except there fate.

Ronnie the Rep said:
mackenzie said:

Evening Mackenzie - I think it makes no difference who is in, we would have to face cuts and the issue is in this thread that the TUC are saying they will stop all job cuts and I don't think that is realistic. We had a pay freeze last year in our company which we all agreed with and because we are a private company (and therefore arguably more flexible) we have all mucked in and saved costs so that nobody was made redundant and we got a rise this year. I despair when I hear both sides bang on about unions v tories etc as in reality we are all in the sh*t and need to do something about it

The temps will be going, I think we on the "shop floor" accept that.

It's the ones in "imaginary" jobs that should go imho.

mackenzie said:
Ronnie the Rep said:

The temps will be going, I think we on the "shop floor" accept that.

It's the ones in "imaginary" jobs that should go imho.

I agree! Bloody hell, I agree! outreach fecking coordinators, facilitators etc,etc. and don't get me started on the BBC FFS

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.