Tuesday 18th June - Fixture Release

Think we may start with a home game this time as the usual reason why we request to be away on opening weekend (to give the pitch an extra week to recover from summer concerts) doesn’t apply this year.
I suppose the Co op live will be the venue for summer concerts now, even with the reduced capacity.

When was the last time we were home on the first day? Feels like we are always away, same as Boxing Day!
We were scheduled to be at home (to Villa) on the first weekend of 2020-21 season but that was postponed due to the delayed Champions League finals tournament in Portugal that was played due to the pandemic. Last time we actually played at home on an opening weekend was against Sunderland in August 2016 (Pep’s first season).

Away game as nearly always 1st game is away for us, home game, away game at a promoted team when they have the feel good factor/promotion bounce.

I suppose the Co op live will be the venue for summer concerts now, even with the reduced capacity.
Etihad will always be the promoters’ favoured choice in the north west for concerts where the scale of the event requires a stadium. The space around the venue makes it so much easier logistically to set up and dismantle everything compared to other options.
Taylor Swift’s current shows would 100% have been there rather than Anfield had the building work not made it impossible.

Etihad will always be the promoters’ favoured choice in the north west for concerts where the scale of the event requires a stadium. The space around the venue makes it so much easier logistically to set up and dismantle everything compared to other options.
Taylor Swift’s current shows would 100% have been there rather than Anfield had the building work not made it impossible.
I'll bow to your seemingly greater knowledge re the actual practicalities of holding a concert at the stadium.

I wonder how many concerts have been staged there since it opened? 3 or 4 every summer, when there hasn't been construction work going on.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.