TV Fixture Changes 2019/20

I stayed until the end every time bud ;)
My wife telling me to calm down because 'It's only a game' when I am grumbling on in front of the TV is a much nicer experience than a scouse usher in a dirty yellow coat asking me to sit down. The brews are better it's warmer and it's a lot cheaper. I have convinced myself that I have retired now.
There you have it in one, wife telling you to calm down. That’s what I would miss, meeting the people who go on the bus with us and a near full day out with mates having the craic and getting out of the house.

Fuck me, if they didn’t sign up for it we wouldn’t even be on TV, lower league football has very sparse live TV Coverage, cake and eat it and all that.

You are dead right, but there again I wouldn't have retired from it if we weren't run by the PL and big business. Don't you miss the "Buy my pies" ads and the support the local garage placards?

There you have it in one, wife telling you to calm down. That’s what I would miss, meeting the people who go on the bus with us and a near full day out with mates having the craic and getting out of the house.

My wife can be as loud as the bus, believe me she can. If you really look at football now it's all geared towards watching it on TV so I am as modern as it gets. Football fans are treated appallingly aren't they? The only downside is the 3 oclock kick offs which I feel bad about acquiring but I have resigned myself to the fact that I can't legally pay to watch it on the telly so needs must.

My wife can be as loud as the bus, believe me she can. If you really look at football now it's all geared towards watching it on TV so I am as modern as it gets. Football fans are treated appallingly aren't they? The only downside is the 3 oclock kick offs which I feel bad about acquiring but I have resigned myself to the fact that I can't legally pay to watch it on the telly so needs must.
Fair play, it’s your choice, no criticism from me, I still enjoy the match day experience.

You are dead right, but there again I wouldn't have retired from it if we weren't run by the PL and big business. Don't you miss the "Buy my pies" ads and the support the local garage placards?
Oh yes, there’s loads I miss from back in the day, going to City has been part of my life for 50 years now.

But the club is part of that collective and if they all said they wouldn't accept certain things then the TV companies would have to accept it
And if they didn’t accept it the TV money would shrink, the players the PL attracts would go elsewhere, sponsors would jump ship and match day revenues would become more important. It would be a disaster for our Club.

And if they didn’t accept it the TV money would shrink, the players the PL attracts would go elsewhere, sponsors would jump ship and match day revenues would become more important. It would be a disaster for our Club.
Would it? If the clubs said things like;
"No night games where the two teams are greater than 100 miles apart".
"No games that mean our fans can't get the last train home".
"We want all games shown live to a UK audience, even if that means no Saturday 3pm kick-offs".

Last edited:
Fuck me, if they didn’t sign up for it we wouldn’t even be on TV, lower league football has very sparse live TV Coverage, cake and eat it and all that.
Ironically whilst lower league football has no money etc. It is much easier to watch thanks to “ifollow”. Whenever City are not playing I always watch Macc Town (where I am from) on Iplayer as every league game is live. Great at only 5 quid a pop

I stayed until the end every time bud ;)
My wife telling me to calm down because 'It's only a game' when I am grumbling on in front of the TV is a much nicer experience than a scouse usher in a dirty yellow coat asking me to sit down. The brews are better it's warmer and it's a lot cheaper. I have convinced myself that I have retired now.
Not quite there yet but go to far fewer games than my previous 54 seasons watching city. Still got my season tickets but aways are hard work,cheaper than ever pro rata but k.o. times etc do my head in.
Tv brew,bed. Lovely.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.