TV Fixture Changes 2019/20

Its an opinion of course, and you're entitled to have it, but to me we seem to have been given some shit fixtures in the festive period.
This place would be grumbling whatever the fixtures. I think we've got a cracking schedule ahead of us, one that will see us rack up a shedload of points. Let's not start already getting in our excuses for doing otherwise.

We have to play everyone, home and away, between August and May. There will be times when we have longer than other teams between fixtures and times when we don't. We could, and should, romp through those November / December fixtures and garner maximum points. We're already getting our excuses in on here for doing otherwise. People saying it's fixed to suit anyone are, IMHO, in need of a serious look in the mirror. The media thread, the faux outrage at these fixtures, the referee threads, etc, etc, some (a lot) absolutely embarrassingly mard shite on here.

Classic tactic of dodging the point. The media coverage, refereeing are all completely separate issues as is the argument as to whether the fixture changes are conspiratorial. We all know we have to play all the sides and that City have some easier games that we should win. Neither mean that City will not be affected by the lack of recpvery team between two fixtures. So why raise these issues?

Last edited:
We have to play everyone, home and away, between August and May. There will be times when we have longer than other teams between fixtures and times when we don't. We could, and should, romp through those November / December fixtures and garner maximum points. We're already getting our excuses in on here for doing otherwise. People saying it's fixed to suit anyone are, IMHO, in need of a serious look in the mirror. The media thread, the faux outrage at these fixtures, the referee threads, etc, etc, some (a lot) absolutely embarrassingly mard shite on here.
We play 3 games Fri , Sun and and Wed (5 days)
They play 3 games ( Thurs , Sun and Thurs ( 7 days)

What bit of that do you not understand.
It’s seems to be always one way to most City fans and the club are rightly furious.

Fixtures are shit but we have a good squad and can virtually play 2 teams if we want to bar maybe 3/4 positions.

Go balls deep against Wolves then have enough to get over the line against Sheffield.

Saying that Wolves beat us at our place so tough game that one! This is why the likes of Foden need to be starting more games because they are going to be needed at some point.
Well if Foden can't get a start over this festive period, then he may as well go. I'm absolutely convinced he'll be starting sometime soon though hopefully at Palace.

Why would they do that ? What interest do they have in rolling over for Liverpool ?

Wolves are a professional football club and will be trying to win both these games. Obviously I am hoping they only win one of them. I suspect they will lose at Dipper Stadium but I’m sure it won’t be for lack of effort.
I think what he means us they'll put so much effort in against us they'll have nothing left for the dips game.

Have a look at games over the last couple of years, not just where we've lost/drawn but also games where teams have pushed us close what they produce the next game.

I'll save you the effort.... next to nothing

Best chance for Wolves to put some effort in at the dips is a few early goals for us a couple of days early.

The Christmas schedule is notoriously difficult due to the number of games in quick succession.
Our games are more tightly packed than Liverpool's so we are at a disadvantage.
This can't be compared with other times in the season when the games are more spread ouy anyway and an extra day's rest won't make much difference

The fact is that football is no longer about the match day going fan, we are an irrelevance. The money is to be made by selling off the "Product" to the highest bidder.

However if like me you still prefer to actually be at the stadium to soak in the atmosphere and the banter then unfortunately we will have to put up with it.

I do not like what is going on and think that the likes of the FA, PL, UEFA and FIFA have sold out at our expense.

I guess the club issuing a statement is 'faux outrage' too?

We play 3 games Fri , Sun and and Wed (5 days)
They play 3 games ( Thurs , Sun and Thurs ( 7 days)

What bit of that do you not understand.
It’s seems to be always one way to most City fans and the club are rightly furious.
Your sums are a bit out there, Fri, Sun and Wed is 6 days not 5. and the Dippers play three games over 8 days. However, would you prefer the NYD game to be moved to the 2nd Jan like theirs (and ours for at least the last couple of seasons)? I for one am happy with a home fixture on NYD.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.