TV from your childhood

After wrestling every Saturday the mother served up chops for tea. I have no idea why we always had chops on Saturday except to say that we did and they were lamb ones and served up with best bisto gravy. Afterwards if we ate them all up we could have home baking. Mr Kipling was a nomme de plum back in the day because all housewifes baked and my favourite was egg custard and rock cakes.

After she made the rock cakes and before wrestling started I would hover in the background waiting to clean out the mixing bowl and was a delicacy known only unto myself. Pre-cooked left over rock cake mix with currants rocked my world and it was always the simple things in life that aimed to please.

Big Daddy was a firm favourite and later came Cat-Weazle but it was Leon Aris The Man From Paris who could proper bang em out. No ladder fights or synchronized shite to be seen back in the day, but more brutality of the highest order and grappling at it's finest, I used to cream my crackers over Billy Two Rivers 25: 06 as I danced along performing his native american war dance to ward off the spirits.

Good post Bob.

Brings back memories of my childhood at my nan's house. She'd send me to the local shop and I'd get a tin of Heinz soup. My favourites were scotch broth, pea n' ham and oxtail. Sat there infront of the box Saturday afternoon at 3pm with a a bowl of soup with 2 slices of bread and butter to dunk in. 'World Of Sport' wrestling on with scores flashing across the screen, Bliss. City getting beat,(again) not bliss.

Bet no-one remembers this. It was shown here as The Fighting Canfields, a couple of years after it was first shown in the US. Used to love American Civil War Stuff, there was a series of cards released ( I think with bubble gum) which I used to collect, and also a series of replica Confederate dollar bills.

The card we liked the most was the guy impaled on spikes…

The first is Picture Box that was on those Schools and Colleges programmes that used to be on when ever you were off school sick! Freaky as fuck.

Not many people remember this one from 1975...it's called SKY and it shit me right up!

No words needed...class!

Does anyone remember a schools programme in the mid 70s that involved people on motorbikes with dark visors up to no good ?
I think it may also have involved a secret computer office.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.