tv/radio ads that really grate

The Army (TA) ads piss me right off... Or any army job advert for that matter

Make it out as though it's the best job in the world, first person camera shots relating to videogames to entice the teens and shots of groups of lads all hanging out, enjoying their new mates.

Piss off, show the blown off limbs, the faces of the mother who's just been told her 17yr old son is in 100 pieces somewhere in Afghanistan.... Helping to bring Heroin into the UK - the same shit his older brother has an addiction for.

Show the homeless statistics that show a large number of ex-soldiers now living on our streets.

Anything featuring a guy in a suit walking towards the screen at random angles talking about 'your right to claim'.

Any bullshit perfume adverts featuring people who are better looking than anybody you will ever meet saying a variety of rarely used 3-syllable words.

Anything with an obviously planted 'catchy slogan' which is about as subtle as a brick to the face and forces you into replaying the advert on a loop in your head.

Anything involving a car which successfully takes 30 seconds of your life without giving you any added knowledge of the product on offer.

Anything narrated by somebody with a thick and supposedly 'endeering' regional accent.

Anything that is centred around Joe Pasquale playing the part of a whiney claymation animal.

Anything with a host of dumb bitches swishing their hair around like they're having some kind of seizure in an effort to show their obviously photoshopped hair-colour.

Anything with a fast food restaurant bleating desperately about how healthy and 'British' their shit food is. If I wanted healthy, I wouldn't buy a fucking deep fried hoof-burger.

Any bingo advert. About bingo. That tries to make it out to be more than just numbers being called out at random. Or even worse, ones that try to find a nichè by coming up with some 'hook' or 'mascot' that bears no relevance to the game of bingo (I'm looking at you foxy bingo, you ****).

Be very sure, I have a fucking list of companies that I won't buy from on the sheer principle that they invade my life with this utter dross. You can take your shit unoriginal advertising and you can shove it up your annoying corporate arseholes.

Now I'm going to go and lie down.

Anything narrated by somebody with a thick and supposedly 'endeering' regional accent.

Ah yes, a slight bugbear of mine too, acceptable if it stays on local TV and radio, but DO NOT open it up to the mass's.

Any of the Direct Line ads
The Halifax and that poxy choir
The DHL one makes me want to vomit

Dirty Harry said:

Ah yes, a slight bugbear of mine too, acceptable if it stays on local TV and radio, but DO NOT open it up to the mass's.

Agreed, and don't get me wrong, I have no problem with people who have regional accents, but I find it quite patronising when they use that accent so that we might think "oh, he sounds funny" when it bears no relevance to the product on offer.

I mean okay, if you're selling Scottish shortbread, then knock yourself out. But why are the Co-operative Food adverts (a company that doesn't even exist with that name in Scotland) use a guy that sounds like that bloke from 'Coast'?

Those Aviva ads with Paul Whitehouse. What's happened to him? He used to be funny (''brilliant'', even) in the Fast Show. Now I appreciate that the ads I'm talking about are just that; ads. But I'm guessing that the regional accents being used are an attempt of sorts to inject a bit of humour into a pretty humourless subject. Sorry Paul; it just doesn't work.

jimharri said:
Those Aviva ads with Paul Whitehouse. What's happened to him? He used to be funny (''brilliant'', even) in the Fast Show. Now I appreciate that the ads I'm talking about are just that; ads. But I'm guessing that the regional accents being used are an attempt of sorts to inject a bit of humour into a pretty humourless subject. Sorry Paul; it just doesn't work.
Greeeeeeeeeeeeen arrrrrrmmmmmyyyyy

In the car anything that has a siren in it I always end up thinking there's an emergency vehicle close by.

On the tv? No idea normally graze other stations or go on the web during add breaks plus I watch most tv on V+ or catch up so don't see adverts anyway.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.