TV Series

I’ve also been watching this and I’ve packed it in a couple of episodes into Series 3, don’t really like it at all.
Peaky Blinders: You did the right thing. The first two series were good, but probably because they were just different. Sam Neill helped - I feel his character and that story line were believable to a degree.

However I too was disappointed with the third, but gave series 4 a chance. I felt like it was written by a teenager. Every episode is like a 60 min music video and the characters just inexplicably switch mood to drive the story line. There's only so many times you can use the idea that you lead the viewer down one path, only for the lead character to have arranged a solution without you knowing. It's as bad as ".. and then I woke up".

And if there's a vendetta against all the family (as we are told numerous times), and one of your family is killed, and you've arranged huge security, why then do all the characters just wander about freely.

And Tom Hardy sounded like Alan Partridge, but that made the show better!

I don't get all the plaudits.

Just finished series 5 of the blacklist and ffs how long can they drag shit on. Gets very tedious and I’ll be giving a good long break before series 6.

I’ve been doing the same, it’s interesting watching back some of the very early episodes and knowing what is known now - there’s a lot of lines and subtle reactions that are revisited in much later seasons and it all ties in (Ned Starks bits in particular). The other thing is just how good some of the acting is. Arya in that first season is just superb.

Corrie:-

The Barlow family tree:

Ida and Frank Barlow >Children Ken & David

David married Harry & Concepta Hewitt's daughter Irma

Ken married Valerie Tatlock (Anne Reid) in July 1972, and they have the twins Peter & Susan on 15th April 1965.

Prior to this Ken had an affair with Susan Cunningham, resulting in a boy Lawrence which he only found out about in 2010

Ken had an affair with Denise Osbourne resulting in Daniel

He then married Diedre Langton and adopted Tracy,(b 24th January 1977) who's father was Ray Langton (Neville Buswell) who had a 50% share in the building firm with Len Fairclough. Jerry Booth (Graham Haberfield) later went on to work for them.

Susan married Mike Baldwin and had a son Adam (The solicitor) but Mike didn't know about him because Susan left the Street to live in Newcastle and Mike thought she was going to have an abortion.

Susan Barlow later died in a car crash in which vicar Billy was involved after doing a robbery with his gang.

Peter Barlow had an affair with flower seller Lucy whilst he was with Shelly resulting in Simon.

Lucy died of ovarian cancer so Peter adopted Simon after her death.

Tracy married Steve M'cDonald and had Amy

biggrin.gif

Corrie:-

The Barlow family tree:

Ida and Frank Barlow >Children Ken & David

David married Harry & Concepta Hewitt's daughter Irma

Ken married Valerie Tatlock (Anne Reid) in July 1972, and they have the twins Peter & Susan on 15th April 1965.

Prior to this Ken had an affair with Susan Cunningham, resulting in a boy Lawrence which he only found out about in 2010

Ken had an affair with Denise Osbourne resulting in Daniel

He then married Diedre Langton and adopted Tracy,(b 24th January 1977) who's father was Ray Langton (Neville Buswell) who had a 50% share in the building firm with Len Fairclough. Jerry Booth (Graham Haberfield) later went on to work for them.

Susan married Mike Baldwin and had a son Adam (The solicitor) but Mike didn't know about him because Susan left the Street to live in Newcastle and Mike thought she was going to have an abortion.

Susan Barlow later died in a car crash in which vicar Billy was involved after doing a robbery with his gang.

Peter Barlow had an affair with flower seller Lucy whilst he was with Shelly resulting in Simon.

Lucy died of ovarian cancer so Peter adopted Simon after her death.

Tracy married Steve M'cDonald and had Amy

biggrin.gif
Should be behind a spoiler really. Thanks.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.