TV Series

Started "Fear City" on Netflix, a documentary about the Mafia in NY during the 70s and 80s. Some good interviews with ex FBI agents and members of the Mafia. Intriguing watch.

Started "Fear City" on Netflix, a documentary about the Mafia in NY during the 70s and 80s. Some good interviews with ex FBI agents and members of the Mafia. Intriguing watch.

Saw the trailer pop up on Netflix last night. Almost forgotten about the mafia these days.
Definitely give this a whirl.

Tried that Umbrella Academy with my son last night. Hoped it would be another show we both bonded over and looked forward to but it missed the mark. I could feel it as I watched it. It's well made and maybe something I'd watch alone but it was slow paced and he wasn't particularly enjoying it.
Managed about half of the first episode but he was sleepy so may try and finish, but I suspect we'll be searching for the next 'stranger things' to both watch. It's also hard to compete with his online activities (connected to his friends over FaceTime/roblox which has been great for him during the lockdown...but as we know, these devices eat us up.

How old is young Somapop?

Finished Dark S3. Proof that you can enjoy a TV show without having much of a clue what's going on (until the last episode).

I’ve watched some good series of Channel 4 and 5 cat h ups recently. That includes the Border guards series from Poland and Old Guards series from Hungary. If you liked the Dogs of Berlin series I recommended you will enjoy these dramas.

Get him into The Wonder Years.

Best TV show of my youth.

It'll be on Kodi somewhere no doubt.

Watched that with my 14 and 9 year old boys last year, brought back great memories and still stands well today with kids of that age even without Kevin Arnold and co. Not having social media back then.

He's ten...but with an older autistic daughter he has an old head on his shoulders.

Have you given Merlin a go that the BBC did 5 years ago or so? I thought it was going to be hard work for me but was generally decent stuff and lots of seasons to get through

Get him into The Wonder Years.

Best TV show of my youth.

It'll be on Kodi somewhere no doubt.

Absolutely loved the Wonder Years as a 'yoof'.

Watched that with my 14 and 9 year old boys last year, brought back great memories and still stands well today with kids of that age even without Kevin Arnold and co. Not having social media back then.

Have you given Merlin a go that the BBC did 5 years ago or so? I thought it was going to be hard work for me but was generally decent stuff and lots of seasons to get through

He may have seen that but worth asking. He used to religiously watch every single episode of Dr. Who at one stage. Harder than you think to catch a vibe you both enjoy.
Thanks folks!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.