TV Series

I watched it a few weeks ago based on TH‘s recommendation.Both me and the wife
really enjoyed it.If you like your comedy black, stick with it.It reminded me a bit of
Succession in that non of the characters are likeable,although Connie Britton is a fine looking woman.
I do like my black comedy. I thought the acting was good but nothing seemed to happen.
I'll give it another go. Cheers.

I'm not surprised Cavill left at all. If you actually look into it he is a massive fan of the Witcher, both the books and the games. But the show runners and writers have pretty much come out and said they don't care about the books or games and alienated the entire fanbase. In fact the fans of the Witcher all say the only good thing about the show is Cavill because he's also a fan and cared about the character of Geralt.

I read that Cavill even fought to re-write several scenes himself because he hated how they had butchered certain things. So I can see some argue he's leaving to concentrate on his movie career but I don't buy that. If the show actually had passionate people who cared about the source material running it I think he would have done anything to make it work. This just seems like he's sick of having to deal with people who clearly don't give a toss and walked away.

I can see that PoV, but how many 'superstar' actors do you see juggling TV and movie work?

Generally speaking TV/ streaming working is when your stock is low and I can't think of an 'A' or 'B' lister that has a foot in both camps.

I watched it a few weeks ago based on TH‘s recommendation.Both me and the wife
really enjoyed it.If you like your comedy black, stick with it.It reminded me a bit of
Succession in that non of the characters are likeable,although Connie Britton is a fine looking woman.
Just wanted to say that I went back to this and watched another episode.
Ended up binging the rest of it and thought it was really good.
It reminded me a bit of Schitts Creek (@Bill Walker) with a bit of Basil Fawlty ; )
Thanks for your recommendation.

Just wanted to say that I went back to this and watched another episode.
Ended up binging the rest of it and thought it was really good.
It reminded me a bit of Schitts Creek (@Bill Walker) with a bit of Basil Fawlty ; )
Thanks for your recommendation.
I get the Basil Fawlty comparison very similar mannerisms.
I can’t get into Schitts Creek, I watched the first series then binned it.
series 2 of White Lotus is out this week in the US.

I’m a big fan of LOTR so finally dipped into Rings of Power last night.
I was apprehensive about these new story lines but thoroughly enjoyed the first episode.
I’m really captivated by Morfydd Clark who plays Galadriel. Very agreeable looking and Welsh too !!

Watched all of the House
of the Dragons good watch the jumps in years was done well apart from thinking who the fucks that? shame we have to wait till 2023 for season two! 8/10 enjoyed it as much as power of the rings

Finished the first season of Cabinet of Curiosities.

It was a mixture of good, bad and plain ugly. The last three episodes were incredibly slow paced.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.