TV Series

Rewatching Breaking Bad. Awesome.

About 4 years ago I binge watch a bunch of Breaking Bad but for whatever reason stopped short of watching the final season (or two). I've since forgotten most of the plot details. Consequently, I'm (re)watching the entire series from the start and will carry on to the final episode.

Just finished 1883 and must say I thought it was excellent. A western series seen through the eyes of an 18 year old girl. If there was one thing I would have to say about it is, it’s 1883, the writers have done thorough research on the subject with many historical references however, why did they allow all the characters to have Hollywood teeth? You would imagine in 1883, their teeth wouldn’t have been in the greatest condition. I know from Peter Jackson’s digitalisation of WWI, They Shall Not Grow Old, that showed the soldiers teeth were in poor condition. I thought it was so noticeable in 1883 and maybe put guards over the actors own teeth or whatever they do to show their teeth are poor, it didn’t detract anything from the series though and I really enjoyed it.
The perfect teeth is what spoils a lot of films and series. The vikings are a prime example unless of course they had great dentists in those days.

Mentioned about the ‘teeth’ in a previous post, I found it quite funny, but still, brilliant tv.
Not too keen on the ‘1923’ though, I’ve found it cliche’d to fuck when it comes to depicting the yanks and the English, them, all action, cool, tough guy heroes, us, chinless, snivelling, clueless cowards, oh, with bad teeth ;-), poor and lazy from Sheridan because everything else he’s written in this saga has been brilliant.
Haha, just found and read your post, but I’ll be honest at the time I didn’t understand your comment about the Turkey teeth and now I get it, lol. I’m watching 1923 now and I agree it’s not as good a watch as 1883, I much prefer the more of the cowboy stuff. I do find some of the way the American tough guy cowboys speak hard to understand, really gruff voices, but anyway 1883 was excellent and will download Yellowstone next.

Last edited:
Ah, I must have missed your post. I’m watching 1923 now and it’s not as good a watch as 1883, I much prefer the more of the cowboy stuff. I do find some of the way the American tough guy cowboys speak hard to understand, really gruff voices, but anyway 1883 was excellent and will download Yellowstone next.
Yellowstone is superb mate, you’ll enjoy it I’m sure, my girlfriend said something a while ago which, when I thought about it, she was spot on, and it was that every episode added to it, no fillers at all which you often get with many series .

The perfect teeth is what spoils a lot of films and series. The vikings are a prime example unless of course they had great dentists in those days.
Watched an archeology programme, they had a skull from medieval times. Teeth were perfect. They said people only started getting rotten teeth after sugar was introduced to the country in the 11th century. So Vikings with pearly whites would have been accurate.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.